Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bgreen82

UL mitchell outback se

3 posts in this topic

anyone use this reel. just got one yesterday and took it out twice today. a lot of tangles occuring as the line would not stay in the bail, but rather come off and around the bottom part of the reel. was worse the first time with the prespooled line, so i took it off and got some fresh trilene on there. worked a little better but still a little rough. to avoid it it seems like i have to engage the reel as soon as the lure hits the water, almost like a baitcaster for the line not to come out of the bail. anyone have similar problems with this or other reels or any suggestions?

Generally the smaller reels have problems with any line stronger than 6# test. Then they also have problems with more stiff lines too. It makes the lines want to just jump off the spool or simply fall off of the spool when there's not enough tension holding it onto the spool. So what naturally happens, the line falls down under the spool.

In General fishing line usually becomes more limp after a good soak. Plus they operate better with 4# test lines too. The more limp and supple the line is, the better it will hold onto the small spool.

yeah, i respooled it with 4 lb. trilene. im gonna take in the boat and soak up the line real good as far as i can get it out, to see if that helps. this is only the second UL ive had and the other didnt have any problems so we will see.