Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alwayscatchineyes

boat wouldn't start on the second and nicest day of opener

3 posts in this topic

I think the problem started last night but don't really make sense to me. Last night the boat wanted to kill at idle but ran strong at full throttle. Got up this morning to head out for another round of fishing and it was like the batteries were dead, but they weren't. Turn the key and there wasn't even a click, nothing, but it was like it would cycle. Usually when the key is turned on it gives a beep, runs through the one-who-thinks-I-am-silly lights, then turn the key and it starts, now turn the key on and there is nothing but leave the key on and it beeps then quits, beeps then quits and if you hold the key for a while it will turn over for a couple seconds then goes dead again then keep holding the key and eventually it will turn over again then go dead and if it starts it kills right of way then it acts dead again.

bad key switch???? maybe a bad relay on the motor?? any help would be great

thanks in advance

Battery might be correct. I had a similar issue yesterday. I removed all wiring from the neg. side except battery and tilt with similatr results as you describe above. Then I also removed everything from my pos. side except the motor and tilt and she turned over great. Now I've got a short to find on my pos. side, or at least thats what I'm guessing it is. Also I am thinking of getting a second battery for my electronics just to be safe.