• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How did the Opener Go? Reports? Pics?

We fished URL and all I can say is I hope everybody gets to get in on a bite like that at least once in their lifetime. We had a great crankbait bite in the morning then switched over to a jig bite. What was working for us was either a green standup swimming jig with a 2" pink gulp grub topped with a white 3" gulp grub. No kidding, it was big and bulky but the fish just killed it. Our other top producer was a pink fireball jig with a 4" black and pink ringworm. Gulp alive worked great too.

On saturday we cut it short with 4 in the livewell by noon. Had them for dinner and Sunday had a limit by 9:30. Fished a few hours on Monday and boated probably 75 fish. All males with the biggest being a 20.5". The smalles fish we caught was maybe a 14.5 on the north end.

Matt, that IMX 721 jigging rod I built was the BOMB!

Great opener Saturday on the LOTW. Big fish were the rule on select locales and half of these bigger fish lakeside were still egg laden roundies! Probably the best opener I remember ever for them big fish anyhow?

fiskyknut

Nope we were in the boat this opener. Bite was good again yesterday, no where near the number of big girls though. 27 incher squirting eggs was big fish for the day... Oh well lotsa nice eaters anyways!

fiskyknut