Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wade Joseph

Now what???

52 posts in this topic

So my question is to those who have been supporting Billary, do you support obama now? Just who will you vote for?

Yup, I'll vote for either Hillary or Obama. The only thing I can say is that everyone on this board voting Republican must make a lot more money than I do, as only the upper income levels (greater than $325,000 yr) have benefited from the last 7 1/2 years of Republican rule. Lets take a look at the major issues facing Americans at the moment and list the actions the Republicans have taken to combat those issues:

1. Affordable health care. Done nothing.

2. War in Iraq/Afghanistan. Thrown more money and troops at it and are no closer to getting us out of there.

3. Illegal immigration. Done nothing

4. Securing future funding of our entitlements such as Social Security/Medicare. Done nothing

5. Responsible spending. Borrowed from China, gave to us, spend on Chinese made products, bill our children.

I know the high cost of energy is another major concern, I'm just not certain how we can blame the President for the price of a market driven commodity.

Now I'm not anti-republican but I figure they've had their chance and have not done anything to make America a better place. Time to get some new blood in there and I really don't care who it is.

As a side note: I will vote for Obama, but I am skeptical that he can beat McCain. I truly believe that the general population will have a hard time pulling the lever for this guy.

It doesnt matter. With Ron Paul gone from the race, this country is doomed. What a circus. I will vote for none of the above while I prepare for disaster:-)

kidd, i will more than likely be voting for McCain this year if for the only reason i find the other two unacceptable and i can assure you i dont make 325,000 a year. i would like to, though. maybe someday when fame and fortune find me.

what i dont get is why dont the dems run better candidates. heath shuler is a good one. jim webb i like. that new senator from montana. instead they run 2 liberals, the dukakis/mondale/mcgovern type dems. all the above stuff you listed were issues in 2004 and they still lost.

all three support amnesty and open borders.

all three support NAFTA, despite what they are saying now.

none are talking about shoring up medicare and SS.

the 2 dems want more spending and government run health care

all three want to grow government

all of them are disconnected from average folks

we're screwed

politics...fun, fun, fun

I couldn't agree more with you on the candidates the Democrats continue to put out there. I'm not crazy about either one of them, I just want the country to go in a different direction and if we keep putting the same party in power they will never change.

I couldn't agree more with you on the candidates the Democrats continue to put out there. I'm not crazy about either one of them, I just want the country to go in a different direction and if we keep putting the same party in power they will never change.

why dont you run. [PoorWordUsage], i will even send you some money. you express all the same concerns regular joes like myself have. the politicians could give a rats [PoorWordUsage] about regular joes. they just need their votes

I predict a Dem. landslide,Only because where we are, the Rep.got us like kid said only worse off.People are fedup and look at Obama go! McCain wants more Iraq and the possibility of Iran,But the majority of americans want out!=LANDSLIDE

Well if I truly were a politician I'd tell you to send me your money and make you some sort of promise. Unfortunately I'll never make a good politician because I don't lie very well. wink

my prediction. mccain for prez and dems increase their majority in house and senate as they have figured out to run more conservative dems in these congressional districts, just too bad they cant do it nationally. never got a presidential prediction wrong yet since 1976 and the dems continue to put out the same type of candidates for pres. obama's preacher, wife, and bill ayers problems are starting to hurt him with the general voters,not the dem base. the dems that have won have carried at least 5 or 6 southern states and obama will not and i dont see hillary doing it

obamas getting the same people dukakis got in the primary. i remember how excited the young people were about him. and the press really built him up just like obama

i also want out of iraq but not to just quit and i have not seen any polling that says america wants to just quit no matter what. [PoorWordUsage], i complain about the same things but that doesnt mean im presidential material. i remember people predicting a Kerry landslide based on all the above mentioned problems, bush's job approval rating below 50%, more thought the country was going in the wrong direction, illegals, over spending and corruption, the war was going badly, ect ect. how'd that one work out? the dems could have won that one. again, this year they run the same type of candidates.

This is a tough one for me. Like many, I would like to see things change but I don't see the big 3 making changes for the better.

Hillary and leadership should never be put in the same sentence unless the words "Lack of" are included. My opinion is she scammed the good people of New York into voting her in only to be used as a stepping stone for the presidency. She had no intentions of actually representing the people of New York.

Obama just doesn't have much experience. There is a chance that after some time he will be a much better candidate than he is right now. He's a great public speaker and has some fresh new ideas, but when the rubber hits the road America needs more than just a good speech.

McCain seems to follow the party line. Not a man of the people. I can't stand it when our elected officials follow a party line and don't go the way of the people they represent.

Right here, right now, Obama and Clinton can't even get along and act professionally with each other. Not a good thing to see when, in the future, they may have to make serious decisions regarding North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Mexico, etc. Don't have to agree with each other, but they do have to get along. The Democratic party is very split, they can't come to a common ground, and it's starting to show.

Republican leadership seems stagnant and not moving forward.

No matter what happens, it will be interesting. Sure would be nice to have an in touch, regular Joe, independant running.

Unless something or someone changes that changes my mind, I'll prolly be voting for John McCain. I make no where near 325K. Sure wish I did, tho.

none of the three running are average folks. they're all millionaires. why would you want to run for president when you're a millionaire except just to say you did??

the democrat car is crashing.

the republican car is broken down and wont start.

say what ever you want about clinton, carter, reagan. they all came from modest to poor simple upbringings. i was talking to my folks and they were going for obama if only to get a new face in Dc but now that more has come out about him my dad is leaning Mccain. my mom is leaning either mcCain or hillary but said if obama gets the nomination she will go for sure McCain

Your right TJ but that is what is wanted and needed Change.Cant wait to see how the Reps.badmouth Obama and what he'll do! Kerry laid back and let it happen,I believe a lesson learned!Who wants more of the same?Obama Has taken over Rep strong holds already in the south,long way to go but Hillery should leave and let the mud slingin begin.McCain can deny he has anything to do with it same old, same old tactic! Bushes 3ed term No way

which strongholds in the south?? your confusing the dem primary voters with the general election. I dont need to see what he does when repubs badmouth him. hillary is doing it already and he folds like a deck of cards. i want change also but that doesnt mean ANY change. the only change that can come would be limited government, controlled spending, border enforcement with no amnesty, a strategy in iraq that allows us to leave asap but stabilized. i hear the word change but nobody has defined that yet

the only 2 times the dems held the WH since 1968 were with good ole southern boy governors from small towns

kerry did not just sit back and let it happen. a massachussetts liberal just cannot get the heartland. its as simple as that. I dont care for any of the three running. i didnt vote for bush, nor kerry or gore, and i consider bush a poor president. and thats being generous. i just am observing a democrat campaign imploding in a year that they should take the WH by nominating one far leftist who seems to associate with people who just dont care for the country and one middle lefty whose corrupt and dishonest as all [PoorWordUsage] when they have more moderate to conservative candidates to run. dems have a poor record of winning the WH and nothing about these two tell me that this will be any different, despite bush and other problems. change is a great concept but so far it hasnt been defined. neither carter or clinton ran as liberals

obama is running with the idea of raising capital gains taxes, even though he admits it will reduce revenue to the treasury and may stifle some economic growth. he just wants to spread the suffering. can you name any candidate that has won with the promise to push for more taxes????

i want change also but that doesnt mean ANY change.

Where I agree that change for change sake is not always a good idea, maybe it would be better phrased as re-prioritize. I want an administration to prioritize our homeland issues and get out of the international fight game and start spending those trillions of dollars within our own borders.

we will always be in the international fight game in some form or another. whether we want to or not and regardless who gets elected. it goes with being a superpower. i guarantee that no matter who gets elected, we aint leaving Iraq till the field commanders say it's time. its easy to promise an anti war base that you will but its harder to do with the electorate at large watching you. plus as president, its easier to just leave to troops there than to just pull them out and deal with the upredictability that could result and you would get the blame. easier to get into a war than get out, sadly

Remember when our former Presidents actually were escalated to that position because they were great leaders?

Now its all plotted out decades in advance.

There's a good chance that I stay home and go fishing on election night. It's so frustrating to see them all act like children. I guarantee you there are 1000 better candidates out there, but because they probably stepped out of line one time or don't fit the mold, they will never be considered.

I say next time, we take a bunch of "no names" and keep them isolated. We only get to hear from them. Never see them.

I bet we would end up with a great president.

One of the assumptions that the Democratic Party is making is that the nation hates Bush and is willing to put just anybody in the Oval Office.

What they overlook is they also have a dismal approval rating. Obama's supporters also assume the nation loves their candidate.

However, he will not win.

His associations will kill him along with his positions.

Mrs. Clinton has a better chance.

If you look at Obama's supporters, they tend to be blacks,mush minded young people,the press, and pointy headed elites.

That does not win in the General election.

I played with the idea of voting for him if only to try to shake up the established Washington, D.C. elites.

I cannot now.

He is one of them. As reflected in his comments about the traditions and values of this great country.

And all this combined does hurt him badly.

Despite his defenders' best attempts to dismiss it all.

If he gets the nomination, it's McCain for sure.

If she gets it, it's third party for me.

What we are seeing right now is the beginning of the end of unrestrained capitalism. Also, This isn't a two party system it's a one party system in disguise. Why vote when there is no one that represents what you want?

Is anybody going to the polls in Nov. to actually vote FOR somebody and not just picking the lesser of the evils or thinking that the alternative is worse?

Is anybody going to the polls in Nov. to actually vote FOR somebody and not just picking the lesser of the evils or thinking that the alternative is worse?

From the various postings I have read, it appears the answer is no.

The issues as outlined by Kidd in the second post of this thread…some of my comments on the matters…

1. Affordable health care. Done nothing. [is it the government's responsibility to do something about this?]

2. War in Iraq/Afghanistan. Thrown more money and troops at it and are no closer to getting us out of there. [agreed. Bad policy, bad execution of a bad policy. I haven’t seen a reasonable exit strategy proposed by any of the three candidates. I am still supporting Ron Paul…]

3. Illegal immigration. Done nothing [haven’t seen the democrats jumping up with any solutions either.]

4. Securing future funding of our entitlements such as Social Security/Medicare. Done nothing [tried to do something…at least Bush put something on the table to address the problem, even if it was not a particularly good solution…the democrats just said ‘no’ and refused to talk about it further, and certainly haven’t put forth any of their own ideas. this is the biggest problem for this country in the future. The ongoing costs to the future generations of these entitlement programs will make a few hundred billion dollars in Iraq look like pocket change].

5. Responsible spending. Borrowed from China, gave to us, spend on Chinese made products, bill our children. [and this makes me sick. The republicans have become as bad as the democrats in terms of big-government spending. The reason I have left the republican party for the most part.]

I know the high cost of energy is another major concern, I'm just not certain how we can blame the President for the price of a market driven commodity. [yep. A market-driven commodity. Like health care. ]

There are a lot of serious issues, and none of the three will do anything about them. What I don't understand is that if congress has an approval rating much lower than the presidents, why are our choices down to three senators? Doesn't there have to be someone better?

Im with You Jarrod32!!!! ,,,Ron Paul has my vote and its my understanding that he is still a candidate just not campaining as much as he was earlier ,,I do like his view of smaller/limited govt, Immigration and his foreign policy

Too bad he got such limited media coverage

Randy

I see where Bob Barr, former Congressman, has entered the race for the Libertarian Nomination for president…and is the likely nominee.

I went to his HSOforum, and it is remarkably – almost eerily – similar to Ron Paul’s HSOforum.

Hmmmm...

People don't realize that Bill Clinton set the stage for a crummy economy when he authorized NAFTA. The good times that he took credit for were market driven and had nothing to do with his presidency. Even though I have not had much favor in what Bush II has done, I voted for him twice. In my opinion, he was the least stinky of the turds to pick from. It seems that we are in the same boat this go around, although no matter who gets shoved in our face, I will be writing in Ron Paul. I don't care if it takes away or gives votes to anyone else; he embodies what we need in this country to get back to what America should be!!!