• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spinning Reel Problem

CRF32

Question

My spinning reel is giving me problems. I cannot reel in without have the reel switched on the bottom so that you can reverse and reel in. I used to be able to have the reverse locked so that I could reel in. However, now when one of the directions is locked, it is the one that reels in, not reverse anymore. It did not used to be like this and I don't know what happened. How can I fix this and what happened to make this change? Thanks in advance for the help.

2 answers to this question

...meaning the anti-reverse no longer works???

Perhaps, it just need a simple cleaning. Wipe out the old grease and replace with fresh grease. Same deal with the bearings with fresh oil.

It's possible that the gears may have worned out, if this is an old reel or has seen a lot of use.