• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Luffa Luffa

morelnmusky

My mother started luffa plants for me about 3 months ago I have thme in 18 oz plastic cups now about 20 of them. Because they were started early enough I am thinking they will produce I know they are not common in Minnesota. Have any of you grown them. When do you think it will be safe to put them in the ground? Thanks!

I grew them last year,Warmer, I planted seeds directly in the garden with my squash when I harvested my squash I had 18" luffas also,They grew just fine I'd say by the forcasts in 10 days outside will be OK for started luffas.People I gave some to did'nt know what they were or what use they were.They grow fine but are uncommon in the Sauna area.

sparcebag did you bring them to full maturity and use them in the bath? When did you harvest them and how many did you plant and how many gourds did you get per plant Sorry for all of the questions but Im excited about them and also excited that you grew them.Are you gonna do it again THANKS

sparcebag did you bring them to full maturity and use them in the bath? When did you harvest them and how many did you plant and how many gourds did you get per plant Sorry for all of the questions but Im excited about them and also excited that you grew them.Are you gonna do it again THANKS
Yes I used and am using them gave 8-10 away kept 6 and some had rotted spots and a few were not mature and no interior webb.I picked them in mid to late Oct. I started 2 hills with 3 seeds each.Got bout 4-6 mature luffas each plant and as many without webb immature.If I do them again come late Aug I'd pick the small ones so the remaining could get larger,even tho I had 16-18 inch long they were about as round as a baseball,I've seen them larger.I was experimenting Seeing if thay would grow in Mn. THEY DO!