• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lemon tree questions cross pollenation

morelnmusky

I have a patio lemon tree 3 yrs old its in a five gallon bucket and is very healthy. Should it produce soon. Is the bucket big enough. Do I need cross pollunation?? Does anyone else have one?

Not sure exactally what a patio lemon is. We have a Lisbon lemon tree in our bedroom. It prune it at the ceiling height of 9 feet. We have it in a cut off 30 gallon plastic drum. Guessing 2 feet in diameter and 18 inches high. It does not leave the house so it gets no cross pollination and we have to pinch of 100's of blossoms every year as I don't think the tree could support that many lemons. We limit it too about 30-40 lemons. We just finished picking the lemons and it is blossoming. It has more lemons than leaves. Good luck.

I do not know the answer to either question. We got it from a guy who would put it outside every summer and bring it back indoors in the fall. It never produced for him. Our bedroom has the south wall covered with 6 foot high windows so it gets lots of winter sun. It started producing the first season. I wonder if maybe the wind had something to do with it. It has become the ugliest looking thing alive. It seems like once the leaves die and fall off they don't produce any more leaves on that growth but it will shoot new blossums on the same branch.