• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Cannadian boarder lakes

croixflats

Is it true you have to have cannadian boarder pass to fish canada side even if you got a cannada fishing liscense. Can they really take your boat and everything in it for failing to have one

My uncle has a cabin on Fowl lake every year they have a party on Canada side. Last year Cannada patrol checked every body for bourder pass at party. Every one had to be accounted for. Was explained to them they have the right to confiscate boat if some one in yuor party is not included on boarder pass, even down to the last child.

Yes, when you cross the U.S. - Canada border, you need a Remote Area Border Crossing Permit (RABC). If you don't have one, you would be illegally entering Canada... You also need to check back in on the U.S. side when you return.

I wish things havnt gotten so mixed up in the world that you cant even fish a hole lake because of a dumb mistake like a dwi. Thanks for info I always like fishing that lake. Uncle's cabin is on Minnesota side and you have to portage accross lake from Cannada to get to it.

From My understanding Minnesota made it harder to portage to it from our side.