• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New boat - maiden voyage on opener

EricD

I got a whole lot of really great advice on buying a new boat here and I thought I'd post pictures of it and say thanks for everyone's help. No fish and it was darn cold and wet but great fun. Here are a few pictures (most taken the day before it turned wet).

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Thanks, everyone. Now I have to figure out how to take care if it. The owners manual is woefully inadequate. For example, do I wax it, do I wax the bottom too, and with what? I think this site is going to be a big help.

What do they say - the two best times of boat ownership is when you first buy it - then when you sell it?

I never believed that myself...

Unless they mean you're happy to sell it because you'll be buying a newer/faster/bigger/better/all this means I'll be able to catch more fish - one.

Well EricD I hope your maiden voyage went better then mine I to just bought a brand new Lund and put a huge scratch right down the side. Dam it

Ouch frown What happened?

Nice rig man. There is a link in the Boats and Motors page for new rigs in 2008. SHow that puppy off there!

Yes, I'll do that. I'll take some interior shots too. The rigger did a nice job. All in all, I've been really happy with the buying experience. Kudos to the guys at Ray's in Moorhead! Easy to deal and good after-purchase support.

Very nice boat. Isn't it always fun to take ones new boat out for the first time.

Enjoy your new ride.

That's for sure. I remember the first time I took out my new boat...my mind was racing trying to think of everything a first time boat owner needs to be aware of, and at the same time SUPER excited to get on the lake. The thing I remember the most was it seemed like it took FOREVER for the boat to plane out after I pushed the throttle forward...the other thing I remember was not being able to control the trolling motor all that well with the foot pedal. I was all OVER the place!!!!

I was thrilled first time I took my boat out. I still get pretty tickled and giddy getting out on the water. I just love being on the water and it never gets old for me. Maybe cause I didn't grow up with one and only had my own for a couple of years, but it's still a thrill for me.

Nice boat!!!!!!!!!!!!! you got your self something there. Take care of it and you'll be happy for many, many years, Yeah wax it all top to bottom. What the heck you got nothin to lose. As for the long run don't beach it and keep it away from the dock when u land it and you'll be fine.Sounds like double talk but just be carefull and don't worry. You will get scratches and scrapes but it all builds charactor. I know where I got every ding and dong so to speak in my boat and I love them all. I wish I had a dollar for every time I said Dam when I hit shore or a steel dock or a rock. I also wish I had a dollar for all the memories I had for those same trips. enjoy and have fun.Its not going to be new forever but the times you have in her will be there for the rest of your life.

Nice job Eric ~ you'll love that boat. When I started fishing (prior to buying my first boat) I fished a lot out of a friend's fiberglass bass boat. Very quickly I learned that fiberglass boat owners are serious about wiping down their boats after each usage...it ends up saving the fiberglass finish, etc. Well, when I bought my first, and now my 2nd boat (both aluminum), I decided to do the same thing. My current boat is now 8 years old and I continue to rec'v comments about how good it looks for its age. It's pretty simple, but put a towel in your truck and spend 5 minutes wiping it down, and you'll prolong how good it looks for a long time !! Good luck. See you on the water !