Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

How to create an @mention - Click Here   07/16/2015

You can use the @mention aspect whenever you want someone to be notified about a post or let them know you are talking about them. Type the @ symbol type in a couple "lowercase" letters pause then once the names pop-up either select or keep typing in letters to narrow down the list until you get the @mention name you are looking for. You can play a game so members can see how it works. If you want to practice or If your name has been @mentioned below you should see it in your notifications (upper right) and you then have to @mention one or two members who haven't been mentioned inthe comments section below. Let's see how long we can keep this going. Anyone who duplicates a name that has already been @mentioned loses. This is the first group to be @mentioned to get the ball rolling: @Borch @Scott K @Corey Bechtold @Matt Johnson @mrklean @eyeguy 54 @Finns @IceHawk @MarkB @Cliff Wagenbach @Wayne Ek
Sign in to follow this  
wplatehunter

Am I the only one.

Not at work but I am at home waiting to get gussied up and then off to a wedding! Hope all that were able to had a great oener! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Work sucks, but so do the crowds. At least working retail allows me time off during the week! No crowds and no rookies. I guess it's a fair trade...

I'm at work too...but starting wednesday I have 3 weeks off to fish so i'll sit here and let the bad weather and the crowds pass. Although I woudln't mind being able to fish opener, the last 5 years i've had to work on this weekend.

Been at work all day to, I don`t miss opener when the weather and

crowds are like they are today. Not a fan of a cold rain when I

fish either. So its no big deal to me. At least I get my work done.

Not working today, but the boat pulling vehicle is having issues right now.Not making it out today.Oh, well,weather isn't all that great anyway.

At work now, counting down til opening day. Figure i'll do some crappie fishing to tide me over til then.

Did I miss something...or are you talking another state??

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• So anyway. The gun that I always wanted to get just for the fun factor is the old Ruger 44 mag carbine. Great for short range still Deer hunting through the woods. The farmer that we use to hunt with before he passed away had one. One day his son was using it and I heard him shoot. When we got back to the truck I said did you shoot?  He said yes I shot all 5 rounds at a running Doe. The darn little gun shoots so fast I only heard 1 or 2 of his shots! 
    • I think ST is right on the vacuum part. With some carbs, you have to maintain a certain amount of vacuum for it to operate right. Thus making it necessary to run some sort of airbox or a lid. It takes resistance on the filter side of the carb to pull the slide up. I am not sure how it works exactly but from what I can gather it has to do with velocity through the carb that pulls the vacuum to operate the slide etc. Some carbs are just very finicky to how they pull in air. Not sure if this restoration would have changed any of that
    • well I got an itch that needs scratching I may be heading out tomorrow for the first time if the wind doesn't wreck things today. Doesn't look like I need to get much further than Hwy 14 for walking out.
    • Funny how this system works. I have a buddy get a tag in his first year applying.
    • Pagans, most likely.    You’re a good debater but even you have to admit your 85% rule would only apply if 85% of the entire population where criminals. You can have 85% of crime caused by 15% of the population.
    • I broke the trigger guard my my t/c omega on the last day of the season.  I looked online but can't seem to find anywhere selling that part.  Any idea where to get one?  I'd rather not buy entire new muzzleloader. It's the silver part in this pic.    
    • Yes we have and still, It only makes sense that if 85% of this country's population identifies as Christian. 85% of the criminals when ask with a check off box on their in-processing form, would identify with what they were raised with as well. Big shock! By the way that question is on the in-processing forms so the few atheist's and other beliefs can be accommodated during their stay as well. It doesn't mean that the little Norwegian or German Lutheran ladies down in Belle Plaine are going to gun down Big Dave with their AR's after the church Pot Luck as he walks down the street! Fear-Not Dave.   
    • Not just heat, if you have central air it will run off that also though not as well.  Usually no real need to have a humidifier run in the summer though around here.  
    • You can buy shallow mount speakers for a couple extra bucks, but making a bumpout inside isn't to bad.  We put ours in the corners in the back with a 45'd wood box.  The front are in the bathroom wall so there was room there.  Going to throw in some outside ones next summer and for those I'm planning on shaving out the sprayfoam and just packing insulation in behind them.  They will be mounted behind cabinets so shouldn't lose to much heat.  Outside if they don't fit I will be buying the plastic pre-made spacers, don't want wood out there.
    • We've went over this before but over 85% of this country's population is Christian. Guess who is causing over 85% of the crime? And actually, there have been terroristic threats against the couple of outed atheists here in Belle Plaine.......
  • Our Sponsors