Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1lkstage

New 2007/2008 ATVs

14 posts in this topic

While doing the local shopping for a wheeler, I checked them all out today. Alot of local dealers have 07's available at a discounted price. Out of the 4 dealerships, Polaris, Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha. They seem to be trying to really push the 07 instead of the 08's. The actual price difference averages around $500 to go from 07' to an 08' model. 2/4 of them, pulled out the Kelly Blue Book to show me how good of a deal I would be getting buying the 07'. Needless to say, they were showing me the "New" price on the 07',not the used price, which I now think it is. Many of you have talked the milage on ATV don't mean anything, After checking KBB myself, KBB don't even ask for milage to get the value of it.

What is going to happen when the 09's hit the floor in June?

Would they not be selling a 2 year old used model on the 07's?

FYI: For those of you that have bought an Artic Cat at GM' in Mankao, Motorsports on South 169, will be taking over the dealership in June, they will be selling the 09' models and offering service as well.

Thanks for the update on the GM AC dealership. I knew GM wasn't going to be selling ATV's any longer, but I haven't heard that someone else was taking over the AC line in 'Kato.

As for the '07 this summer, yes they will be 2 years old by that time. Dealers should be offering big discounts on any carry over machines this spring. Now's the time to be in the market if you don't mind purchasing something new/used.

I bought an 08 yamaha big bear last fall and yes they were pushing the 07 bigtime at me but for 200 bucks more for the 08 I left the 07 at the dealers and brought the 08 home .

TD

09" Cat's are the first out in a week or so. Does anyone know where too go to get a look at the all new make-over and changes online for comparisons? Gonna pull the trigger on a Cat, Honda or Suzuki. Just wondering/waiting to see what the whole new make over is on the AC. Email in login name if needed.

atvriders just did a big write up on the new 09 artic cats, its on the main page of their site

Now if the laws will change to allow the litre class machines on the trails.

Those new machines are sweet looking. Not to mention the first designated "mudding" machine. What a bold move on AC's part to lead the way.

Now if they drop the 950 twin into a machine that shares similar geometry as the Polaris Ranger, they'll really have the most diverse line of ATV's on the market.

Great innovation by AC with the mudpro. Can't believe that is made in MN. Anyways..........

The new CanAm 800R with a new front end and 69hp (more than the Tcat) sounds really nice. I wonder what else we will see.

Would be nice to see Kawi update the KFX 700 to the EFI 750 motor.

I belive that Yamaha beat AC to the "mudder" model with their release earlier of the 2008 Big Bear, with ITP Mud lites tires, wet brake, and manual tranny.

seriously? A manual is not a mudder, plain and simple. Mudlites are not mud tires, but are considered mud tires compared to what comes stock on most machines. The wet brake was introduced on Kawasaki's in 2002.

The mud machine AC makes now is a 700 auto with EFI, snorkels, 28" Outlaw mst's, and 14" of clearance. Still nothing spectacular, but alot more than any other stock machine.

From what I have read so far on the kawi FI system, they need to work out a few bugs. It seems that Kawi and AC have switched spots when it comes to water and/or mud riding. The Kawi looks to be right in between a mudder and a trail machine.

I hope Kawasaki goes to an 800 and have better stock snorkeling. If not, it looks like Can-Am will be the machine to have for '09. IMO

Yeah you got to give AC props for the mud pro. 28" tires, snorkels and they are still going to warranty it. I suppose since it is factory the snorkels don't fall into the 6" rule in MN.

Those Can-Ams keep getting more and more enticing every year don’t they?

I gotta say that Cat looks pretty interesting! If they would only make a all black one I might have to give the Grizzly to the wife!

the new kawisaki line up for 2009 has been release, doesnt look like any big surprise but some new colors.

still great quads, I wish they made a 750 solid axle brute force

I think there are some changes to the BF750.......

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• nice story, fishing has a way of easing the pains we have. even when we hurt like crazy when done for the day we are looking forward to the next outing.
    • way to go, guys yep, the toms not about to give up even though its close to closing time have seen several strutters the past couple weeks and heard gobbles yesterday while fishing
    • great job. makes it 5 for 5 for team 5 congrats on a nice tom, 57 and that willl give our team score a boost
    • One More Cast      Photo by:  Roger Abraham   If any of you out there are regular readers of my tales, you have followed my recent struggles with back and knees.  I can’t put a name to this drive I have to be on the stream as of late.  It borders on obsession. I guess in my mind if I am healthy enough to fish the world is right with me and I am not getting old and feeble.      Today I was a witness to that I am not the only one.  Lots of anglers and hunters live to go out into the outdoors. .  It is what drives them.  It makes them feel alive.  It is their passion.  I told my fishing buddy Abe today my thoughts.  I told him how I was feeling a little old.  I guess my 60th birthday coming up next month makes me feel mortal.  Abe laughed and said I was a young buck compared to him.  Abe turns 76 this year.     Abe told me tales about catching big trout in tiny streams in Wisconsin and out west.  The twinkle in his eye when he reminisced I had seen before in many trout anglers.      We fished a stretch for 2 hours.  I sat down and rested often.  Abe kept on fishing. He got hung up in a box elder branch and lost a lure.  Abe told me box elders trees were his nemesis when he fished.   He asked me which tree was my kryptonite.  I told him, "ones with branches."  We both had a chuckle and continued fishing.   I thought to myself this guy is really driven.  I hope I am like him at 76.     We got to the vehicle and Abe wanted to continue fishing.  Abe’s waders sprang a leak earlier and he fell in the water a couple times.  He was quite wet.  He wanted to change in to dry clothes before we continue.  Abe peeled off his wet shirt and there were two things stuck to his chest.  He could tell by my questioning look he needed to tell me what was up.     Abe told me he had been having heart problems lately and he was supposed to be wearing a heart monitor.  He left it in the car because he was afraid of getting the electronics wet.  Here I have been whining about being old and the guy I was fishing with left his heart monitor in his vehicle.      Abe reassured me that he was in no danger and he could continue fishing.  I started brainstorming on a place to fish where it was not so hard walking.  Now that I knew he was not as healthy as he looked I wanted an easy place to fish.  I knew the place and it was upstream 5 miles.     We arrived at the well manicured field.  It looked like a golf green.  I picked the area because the farmer kept sheep and goats on the land and the weeds and brush were gone because of the goats.  We walked and fished.     Abe told tales of the old days and of fish lost and landed.  I walked a little forward to fish and looked back to check up on Abe.  What I saw when I looked back scared me and I immediately asked Abe if he was ok.  Abe was laying flat on the ground face down.  I thought the worst and he could tell by my face.  He told me to calm down.  His back was acting up and he needed to straight it out and that was the best way to do it.   We fished a little bit more and he took a photo of me.  He liked the lighting. He told me it captured the essence of trout fishing.  He did not have a camera.  I let him use mine.  He was not camera savvy and needed an impromptu lesson on how to use it.   We drove to his car and we talked about our love of the outdoors. We shook hands and headed our separate ways and promised to fish again soon.  As I drove home I smiled and thought about how I am going to be when I am 76.  I hope I am like Abe and my eyes still twinkle when I talk of chasing trout and I am still driven to make one more cast.
    • The past week has had me having multiple close calls and missing a brute at 45 yards.  Tonight I talked my dad to give it another try and there were birds in the field when we got there.  Birds ended up leaving as we tried to sneak in.  A short 20 minutes later they were back and we watched and worked the big group of toms and hens for more than 2 hours before we got one to commit.  Dad shot him with his 20 gauge at 48 yards,(this thing shoots an awesome pattern).  The 3 year old was down and only flopped a few times.   Nice 1+ inch spurs, 10" beard and heavy.  A good evening for sure!
    • Sorry to disappoint guys, but this tom was not my first bird of the season. Apparently that's part of the rules. The score won't count towards the team. I don't have any measurements for the jake I shot so we will have a zero from me.    At least my freezer is full. 
    • Way to  go 1957 !! Congrats!!
    • sugar is not a drug. 
    • Another good day today out on Superior ,,,, Had my first double and triple in the new rig today ,,, the day didnt start out with perfect weather but the fishing more then made up for it ,,, The mud  covers a lot of water but fishing the tea  colored water and edges of the mud paid off ,,, the cohos grew 5 inches  from eating this years smelt,,,, had some go 23 inches today 
  • Our Sponsors