Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ralph Wiggum

Maple seedlings

5 posts in this topic

Just today, I noticed a bunch of little maple seedlings popping up in the front yard. What's the best way to deal with that? Will they die if I keep mowing them, or is there a broadleaf herbicide that will work better?

I'd guess there silver maple,just pull them there pliable wrap then around a gloved finger and ease them out.

If you keep mowing them down they will eventually get a hard woody stump and never go away. Just pull them out and forget them.

The best way is to pull them, but depending on the size of your yard and the number of seeds that germinated that can be a daunting task. I also have this problem because I have 2 silver maples in my yard. I just continue to mow them and they go away.

For me, the ones that still get the woody stem are the elm seedlings. I have one of them too. I'm just bideing my time till it gets DED. Thats gonna suck.

Yeah, I'm talking about maybe a few hundred seedlings. Guess I'll start pulling frown