• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Calcutta TE vs. Daiwa Luna

I also own both, but haven't really spent enough time with the TE yet. My initial thoughts are it's smoother than the Luna, and the non-disengaging levelwind is at least part of what makes it feel smoother. I'm not sure if I really think it's worth the extra $$ over the Luna, though. If it lasts a few years without busting gear teeth, it will probably get my vote. I definitely like the Luna more than the 400B.

Ultimately they are both great reels and I can't imagine being disappointed with either. If they were the same price, 400TE for sure, though.

I just got two lunas, and they are smoother than my Abu's and have not fished with them yet but they are smooth wise. I have always found interest in the Calcutta TE reels but dont have the money to do it...maybe later. They both are great reels.

I have both reels. The TE feels more solid and the drag is fantastic, but I must say that the Luna has been the more reliable reel. I believe the TE needs more regular lubrication.