• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hot Air Balloon Rides

sticknstring

Question

Anyone ever been up in one? I'd like to take my girlfriend up for short getaway and am looking for some possible ideas. I know boating on the St. Croix we'd always see them near Stillwater... the SE part of the state or Duluth would be cool too. Please let me know what your experiences have been! Thanks,

stick

8 answers to this question

I've been on one. Took my wife as an anniversary present, and it was the place just south of Stillwater that ended up landing somewhere east of Hudson, went over the St Croix. I was a bit dissapointed to be honest. After the first 5 minutes you basically experienced all the thrill of it. After that you're just staring down at houses and fields.

But I also believe that it is the thought that counts in this case, at least that's how I looked at it. The ladies seem to really appreciate it, so if you're looking for some points with a woman it's a great idea.

One of my neighbors over here in Jordan does rides. I see him all summer long cruising over the MN River.

Looks like fun. I've heard good things about him.

I think the name of his business is Balloon Ascensions Unlimited.

I bet a fall ride is awesome over the river valley.

Hmmm... I was hoping for more positive responses. At least the rides usually last under 45 minutes. I spose I could take her skydiving instead... might be a little dangerous trying to put a ring on her finger at terminal velocity though grin

Better be careful...a new aquaitence(sp?) of mine was telling me how he did the balloon proposal many years ago and she said no! He said you could hear the crickets chirping allllll the way up there...:)

Crickets - funny! I took the one from lakeland over to Hudson with my mom - we had a fun time - we went in the fall - late fall - so you could see through the trees a little but still some color! I think it kinda one of those been there done that type of things but i was glad I went.

The other adventure I went on not too long ago was a glider ride. THAT WAS COOL - once you got up there the guy said stick is yours and you got to glide around under your own control for basically the whole ride!