• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Howdy all,

Just looking for any advice anyone could throw my way... There's a few of us heading up into Door County, Ellison Bay during the middle of July; any suggestions on the fishing. Should we fish the west side or should we travel and fish the east side? Any advice would help... We would like to get into some salmon...

I'm not an expert but the best advice is to fish the side that is calm - Geen bay if the main lake is too rough and the lake side if it's calm enough. Ellison bay has a good public launch site 5$/day last year. Salmon to be had but maybe not the numbers as on the lake side - but more smallies, wallies and sheephead - yes sheephead if you get down near the bottom. The lake can be accessed at Bailey's Harbor or Moonlight bay (small boats) The access at Rowley's bay is now private - for use by guests of the Wagontrail Resort only ( use to be open to public ).

Just got back from Ellison Bay and what a blast... We were limited to fishing the West side of the penisula but it was still a blast... We ended up with 7 kings which averaged around 15 lbs... All caught between Ellison Bay and Gills Rock, all depending on the winds...

It's definately going to be a yearly trip and hopefully we'll tow a bigger boat over next year and get to fish the main lake... either way though, there's fish to be caught on both sides...

Gotta love the scream of the drag..

This may have ruined my Lake Superior fishing.... not quite the same...