Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sutty

Any one catch the news story (9) about the dead sea

5 posts in this topic

I only saw the commercial for it. I missed the news and wanted to see what the story was about. Can anyone fill me in?

They discussed how Mille Lacs is changing based on the lower walleye counts the DNR is seeing, and reduced tourism in the area caused by prices of land and gas to get there.

It was billed as a hard hitting report about the netting concerns in the area, but did not touch on that other then to show the Indians pulling nets, and a couple conversations with Indians stating it is their God Given right.

There were a few comments from the Indians which I thought proved the point of not having any ties to or respect for the fishery, such as the one guy bragging about the size of his prespawn female with eggs still in it, and the other guy talking about how now they can do it legally, where before then had to sneak out at night to net their fish. There was very little talk, if they even mentioned it, about the lost nets and what they are doing about it.

I guess I was expecting more. The 9 0'clock was better then the 10. At 10 they talked about the disappearing resorts and the businesses not being able to make it.

They then said it was all caused by the smoking ban.....OK that is a lie, but wanted to add a little levity!

Did they say anything about it being Bush's fault? ;\)

Typical news report from the local television folks. Hype up all the negatives while omitting the fact that in addition to walleye fishing Mille Lacs is a world class muskie and smallmouth fishery. Additionally, there are huge trophy pike in that lake that never get attention.

The only people that benefit from that story are people like me who fish Mille Lacs regularly. The story will probably drive away some people and make for more open spots on the lake. Unfortunately, that is not good for business owners in the area.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Don't worry Chuck......PF has your back.
    • It's just sooooooooo easy.
    • Speaking of Russia:   A timeline of recent events. 11/28/16 - " Trump’s campaign took him up on it in March. From those meetings, Nunes grew close with retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, a top Trump hand who has just been nominated to be the president-elect’s national security adviser. 2/13/- 1) Flynn gets recorded by Intel agencies, we know he discussed sanctions and 2) it was part of a "Peace Plan" involving Cohen, Sater and a Ukranian named Alex Oronov 3) who is now dead. 2/16 - Flynn faces no FBI charges Source 3/20 - Comey announces FBI investigation into members of Trump campaign. Repubs, including Nunes, spend a great deal of it concerned about Unmasking of Flynn from incidental collection. Source 3/22 - Nunes spends his week freaking out about possible incidental collection he's been told about from an unknown source, immediately warns Trump. Source Now to go back to January, Who happened to be at the Breakfast with Flynn in January involving Turkey? Nunes. Where did it happen? Trump hotel in Washington. Source  3/22 - The House Oversight Committee on Wednesday requested documents related to ousted National Security Adviser Michael Flynn from the White House, FBI, Department of Defense and Office of the Director of National Intelligence. Source 3/22 - Schiff now claims there's "More than circumstantial evidence of Collusion (Unrelated to Nunes new info) Source 3/23 - CNN story drops that "The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign, The FBI is now reviewing that information, which includes human intelligence, travel, business and phone records and accounts of in-person meetings ." Source 3/24 - Nunes cancels 2nd open hearing with Intel Committee, seemingly for no reason. Source - Albeit today we learned Sally Yates was going to talk about Michael Flynn at this hearing. 3/24 - Manafort, Stone and Page all more or less simultaneously agree to speak with Intel Committee. Source 3/24 - National Inquirer (owned by Trump's friend) very oddly throws Flynn under the bus. Source 3/25 - Claim that Flynn may have cut a deal Source It seems Flynn may be spilling the beans here, which would not bode well for Trump.   Also I didn't even get to today's news about Kushner and Russia.     What do we know VEB? It ran a spy ring in New York City. Here's another fun coincidence:     Prosecuted by our now removed district attorney.
    •   Rentfree.   just because I don't play your stupid game you get all butthurt.     #goodolboysclub   You might want to watch yourself.....the elitists around here have spoken.
    • As I recall the rules say it is not permissible to discuss another member in the Forums.
    •     Might be a dangerous precedent...
  • Our Sponsors