• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Motorcycle Laws

I was rideing the motorcycle to work last night and I was in the right hand lane I was comming up on two other cars in the middle and left lane and I had this other person on a bike come flying by me on the left side of me, in my lane he passed all three of us in my lane is this a legal move? I just wondering I know it wasnt the safest move but this is the first time it has happend to me and I was supprised when he came up behind me.

by the way I ride a 07 Yamaha V-Star 650 \:\)

Big Fish Hunter247

Not legal without your consent.

169.974 -Motorcycle, motor scooter, motor bike. Table of contents for Chapter 169 (e) No person shall operate a motorcycle between lanes of moving or stationary vehicles headed in the same direction, nor shall any person drive a motorcycle abreast of or overtake or pass another vehicle within the same traffic lane, except that motorcycles may, with the consent of both drivers, be operated not more than two abreast in a single traffic lane.

He must have just moved here from California. grin.gif Back in the day they had crazy laws for motorcycles. Lane splitting was legal. Whether it is legal or not, talk about unsafe practices that give motorcyclists a bad rap.

CA