• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Has This Ever Happened to You? Hit and Run at Boat Launch.

chickeywing

I had a roller stolen off of my trailer this past weekend while out on a local lake... I know it was there when I uloaded and parked, but it was gone when I went to put the boat back on... Luckily, there were a couple of great guys who saw my predicament, and helped out by giving me a couple of tennis balls and some duct tape to cover the empty spot and not mar the hull.

Kind of a chickensh*t move on the other person's part, if you ask me... why would you steal one roller from another trailer? I don't get it.

I just don't get people sometimes....the fact that someone is ready and willing to turn there own problem into someone elses is just absurd. That's awful nice for people to see your trouble and help you out with some tennis balls....*note to self, purchase a few tennis balls in case the idiots attack again* mad

I literally watched a guy from my boat as I was coming in to a ramp near St Cloud, push my Ranger Trailer over about a foot as he backed up, and saw what he had done, as I am screaming at him, and take off. I was too far away to get a license number.

I'm willing to bet some of these accidents are drunk idiots at the landings. I've seen a few trailers moved a few feet or more by some boaters I seen on the lake that were not fishing just boating... well fishing for a buzz but not fishing. Granted it can also just happen, but usually you know when you hit something dont you?

Yeah, a prox alarm wouldn't really help if you are too far away or if there is no one at the landing.

People that are going to hit and run will likely still do it even with the alarm going.

Another tip, always bend down and see if you still have your pin on your receiver hitch. A friend of mine was at a launch and as his son bent down to hookup the lights he noticed someone had removed the pin that held his hitch on. They had no idea why someone would be that mean but it was a scary deal.

happened to me last year ,I was fishing on a metro lake after dark was only one on lake when i heard a car squelling its tires on shore thought kids just playin around and didnt think anything of it.Gave up fishin about midnight and headed in ,hooked up boat got about 2' on to pavement when i hear a load clunk jumped out of truck run back and see my boat 6" off of gound dangling by safety chains and i was thinkin m@@@@@ f@@@@@s took my pin out! make a long story shorter i got it back on, bent a screwdriver thru reciever and bought a locking one the next day.no damage to boats but srained my nutz lifting boat on since jack woundnt go that low