• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LCX-113C GPS In & Out Problem

Tadpoletodd

Question

The GPS portion of my LCX-113C is not performing well. The cursor is able to track my position but a "?" is blinking all the time. It will not leave a trail either. Anybody have this problem or heard of it.

FYI - the version of software on the hard drive is original and I know there's a updated version available on the Lowrance site. Is that something necessary to get uploaded onto the unit? Will cure my problems?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

6 answers to this question

I just had this problem on my 112C and it turned out to be the GPS receiver puck. Hooked the new one up and had a lock in 30 seconds. When I brought it to get checked out they said they had over 40 bad ones last year.

I know how frustrating this can be thinking you are missing something.

Good luck!

I checked the software to and that is not it.

Was it working fine before and then it suddenly stopped? Do you also have your power supplied to the gps or networking system? I had a bad network cable that caused a similar prolem. It would lock on right away then gradually lose signal. Or you could have accidently checked the Require WAAS in the gps menu and not have a corrected waas fix. Under your menu there is a buss management window where you can check the software verion of your gps puck and also it will if a diagnostic reading if working ok. If your running an older software verson on the GPS puck then I highly reccomend you do the gps update, esp. if your doing any networking.

I will make the assumption that the puck is in a good clear position. I just put on a new LCX-37 and I seem to lose signal once in a while too, but you sound like you are losing it more often. Are your electrical connections put together well, maybe you are losing power to your GPS?

fishorgolf - Yes...very frustrating indeed. Thanks for all your suggestions guys. I'll try out your suggestions and report back. I do think the 'Require WAAS' was checked. But I'm going off of memory here. I just got the thing with a boat I purchased so I don't have any history with the unit or electrical system. All I know is it's a Ranger that was setup with a NMEA backbone from the factory.

The first thing I looked at last night was the "Require WAAS" toggle. It was ON. I turned that off and it still had a little trouble picking up. I initialized and it locked on and I never saw the blasted "?" blinking again. I zoomed in close and now noticed a trail. So...that may have fixed it. I'll find out tomorrow on the water I guess. If it still is acting up I'll look into trying out a different puck. Thanks for all your comments!