• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MinDak Hunter-Which lakes are you inquiring about? Around Confederation? Birch? Trout? We have a outposts right in that same area and we should be flying up in around that area checking things out next week. It still has ice around there I know that. Dryden/Wabigoon our airbase, ice is turning gray out front with lots of open water around the shorelines and in the bays. If you let me know an area your wanting to know I can report when I see for myself.

Wow what a great offer!! Really nice of you if you'll be in the area could you include some information on the status of Red Lake as well? We have a place in Slate Bay and will be up the 24th which shouldn't be a problem but I would like to sneak up for opener too if the ice is out. If you think of it post up and let us know how it looks. Thanks.

MinDak, I think you'll be A OK for your June 12th trip. Fish could be displaced alittle differntly though considering the late ice out though compared to normal or earily ice out years.

vermilionlocal-Opener, going to be tight. I still plan on flying up this week sometime but keep holding off. I got to see for myself before "D" day. But not looking promising. Depends on the lake weather theres flowages or not will, in my opinion, will have open water for opener. Talked to a guy who has an airservice out of Ear Falls. They are able to get in to there docks as they have current near by, flew out yesterday and everything is still tight. Even white ice on certain lakes.

Ill post more when I make the venture up, but affaid it will just be a trip to burn gas??? Keeping our fingers crossed.

Went up that way today. Lots of ice but certain lakes you can get into. Depending if there is a river near our landing area's or not. Some lakes are tight to shore and some are starting to break away from the shorelines. I was able to get into a lake about 100 miles straight north of Sioux Lookout. All iced in except for the river and our cabin is located in that river. Lac Suel still has lots of ice but breaking up nicely now. The main section has lots of ice but the NE arm, certain sections has open water then the next section has lots of ice. Heading up tomarrow again too.

Things are breaking up fast up in that country. May 16 and 17 had rain showers move through that country around Birch Lake with heavy winds. Did a number on the ice. I personally made 3 trips up in that area around Birch today alone. Fawcett which is 25 miles to the east of Birch, Shabumeni which actually flows into Birch from the West end, and Austin which is just NW of Lake St. Joe. You'll be in good shape for your trip coming up in 13 days as it'll be ice free by then. Still ice in certain areas right now but its getting to see more open water now than ice. Lac Suel is basically out, some ice here and there but for the most part its pretty clear.