• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I had to do a double-take as I was driving by the city storm water pond this morning, but I noticed one pair of geese already tending to their goslings!

Seems a bit early. confused.gif

I saw some in a pool off 494 on my way home. I'm not sure which exit but it must have been around 169. They had maybe 8 or 10, it was hard to tell at 60 mph.

My son pulled out 11 ducklings that had fallen into the storm sewer yesterday.

It does seem early but maybe it is just the weather we have been having that is throwing us all off. grin.gif

Sifty

Saw a pair with 9 today off 94 between Woodbury and Hudson.

Probably right on time or maybe even a little later than normal, but the cold spring has us believing they are early.

Good Luck!

Ken

Seeing goslings around the white bear area. Was up by Pine City yesterday and saw lots of paired geese from there back down. I hope that 3 inches of rain they had up there didn't flood any nests. Didn't see any goslings that far up. With the amount of nesting birds we noticed if we can have a good nesting season we might have a decent fall.

I finally made it back home for the weekend and saw the first set of goslings (4 or 5) with a pair of honkers today! It was very exciting since the pond behind our place has been pretty much dry until the big 10" rain last May. The flooding has caused some headaches since then, but it has been a treat to see all the waterfowl out and about on the pond!

We live across the street from the city park here in Morgan. My kids and wife came in about 5:00 and said "Theres a disoriented mother duck and her babies in the park and she cant get around the library!!!" Curiousity got the best of me and sure enough mother wood duck was trying to lead 14 ducklings right around the public library. I had noticed a pair scouting for a nest earlier this spring in a half dead maple in the park. She kept getting stuck between the walls of 2 additions and got scared by some kids. The kids didn't hurt her but she didn't want to lead those ducklings by them. I told everybody just back off and leave her be, she will take the babies where they need to go. Sure enough about an hour later they were heading across the park and heading right for Highway 68, but someone said they were going to help them across. Amazing how people will always stop for ducks on the road.

DD