• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TURTLES?

Read the REGs.its in there.I was in the kayak yesterday and saw HUGE soft spinyshell turtles.I took a turtle once did'nt know what I was doing! tried to clean it got only a handfull of meat it was tough, and I decided never take one again unless There's a person with some experience,cleaning & cooking To help me.

Originally Posted By: killincarp870
i've been seeing a bunch of large snapper turtles while bowfishing and wondering if anyone knows the regs on sticking a couple with my bow

Why?

Aren't there enough carp to shoot at?

You could shoot them after July 1 before but the wording in the book has changed so it doesnt specifically say anything about bowfishing. I've tried to contact the DNR for clarification but havent gotten a response. If anyone finds out anything for sure post it up.

Originally Posted By: killincarp870
merkman... have you ever had turtle? its great.

No, I never have.

I might have to try it someday.

I didn't know you planned to eat it.

I would just hate to see turtles get shot and left on a farmers field.

currect, i believe. only need a fishing license if taking by hand or angling. i do believe there is a limit but i would chack further as i dont believe its legal to take turtle right now because/ or until they lay there eggs. aug 1 comes to mind, not sure.