• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Environmental jay, harris sparrow and a ???

Drove to my Uncle's farm today to pick up my boat. They have a pretty good variety of birds, but really shy. I didn't bring my blind along, so I just hoped my presence wouldn't bother them that much. Hah. They had a rose breasted grosbeak, but just like my neighbor's, it is so camera shy. Someday.... Anyway, I have no idea what this last bird is.

2475145662_c853680629_o.jpg

2475142040_b6a5bef97a_o.jpg

2474323931_25c7aa44ce_o.jpg

A catbird. Well, I'll be. Thanks for the ID Mike, and thanks all for the comments. I believe that is the first catbird I've ever seen. Hey, another first, even if it's not a real keeper.

Buzzsaw is right. That last pic is a catbird.

They're known to mimic many sounds as the name implies, they sound like a cat. I've seen/heard them mimic a brown thrasher before. Amazing birds.

I was reading the MN Conservation Volunteer and it was stated the author heard what they thought was a Bobwhite Quail, only to find it was a Grey Catbird.