• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

H20C problems

DaBigDog

Question

I have an H20C and, until recently, I loved it. Now, I can't seem to lock on a location. The unit is less than two years old and has been well taken care of.

I've tried everything from new batteries, to a hard reset, to updating the software (all of these were suggested steps from the manufacturer). Still nothing. I get clear vision on 4 or more satellites and it still won't find it's location. I've tried contacting the manufacturer 5 times and I haven't gotten any reply.

Any ideas? Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. I have used it for fishing, hunting, and other outdoor activities and miss having it.

4 answers to this question

have you tried pluging it in to an external power source (your truck) and turning it on and let it sit for a few hours, maybe even overnight and see if it picks up your location

on my h20 if i try to use it any more than 100 miles from were its last location was established i have to initialize it so it will search in the area i am in, not the last area i was in.

jwhjr - That's what I meant. The HSOforum has both "soft" and "hard" initialization. Tried everything I could find.

bearbait87 - Haven't tried that yet. If nothing else works and I don't hear back from the manufacturer, I'll give it a shot.

Harvey Lee - You have mail.

Thanks for the replies guys.