• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What does everyone think?

openwaterdiver

And peolpe wonder y it is so hard to catch slot fish on mille lacs?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! theres yur answer. all the money spent restocking that lake goes down the tubes every year when it gets netted. I know it is their heritage but dam it they dont need all that fish!!

( Note from admin,please read forum policy before posting again.)

Anglers keep many times that with hook and line.

Its not like their catching them and throwing the fish in the the trash. People need to lighten up and realize that we live in a society with many different people from many different cultures. As bothersome as it is for an angler like me to see someone take all those walleyes with such little effort, when it takes me forever to catch just a few, Ive learned to respect my law abiding neighbor even if I dont always like what the do.

If you want millaces to become a better lake throw back what you catch and dont fish it as often.

ruffle ruffle ruffle

You'll probably catch some flak from that, but I respect your opinion. I don't like to see it but they have a legal right to do it.

There is a lake near me in Iowa that was stocked with bass after a freezeout around 1980. After a couple of years those fish started biting, and I saw people with their limits of 8-10" bass on stringers, happy as could be as they walked to their cars. I personally know people who bragged of getting 3 limits a day; they'd go home to clean fish, then go back and get more of the 'baby' fish. I have a real hard time understanding that mentality.