Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cjac

Microwave not heating

7 posts in this topic

Hey,

The kitchen microwave is not heating, everything else works (light/turnplate), and the indicator light shows it's working.

I'd just go buy a new one, but this is one of those Spacesaver under the cabinet mount ones. Not the easiest to take off and mount, let alone find one to fit.

Is there some sort of fuse in the unit itself?

Thanks, Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be, but be VERY, VERY careful working on or inside a microwave.

There is high voltage inside (often >2,000V and lethal amount of current), possibly some stored in capacitors, not to mention potential exposure to microwave radiation if operated with certain areas opened up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Quote:
Might be, but be VERY, VERY careful working on or inside a microwave.

I think the words "might" and "VERY VERY careful" made it pretty clear, just go buy a new one.

That leads to my 2nd question.... I can't see any mounting hardware, not on either side cabinet, the above one, and it sits flush to the base of the cabinet above the unit. Is it along the lines where you mount the frame and install the "guts" from below? The electric is obviously easy to just attach, just not sure how one mounts one.

Thanks again, Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My $.02... do NOT under any circumstances, work on a microwave yourself. Either have an authorized dealer work on it, or replace it.

I used to be an electronic tech and worked on microwave equipment. The electronics inside those machines can be DEADLY if not handled properly with the right safety equipment in place.

I could take a guess at whats wrong with it, and if it is what I'm thinking, the unit is worthless and it would be cheaper to just replace it.

Like I said, just my $.02.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the input, off to Home Depot tomorrow......

Still have to figure out how its mounted.

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be three or four bolts through the bottom of the cabinet that may be covered by veneer or wood grain paper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been about 4 years since I tackled my father in laws under cabinet microwave but I believe there was a frame that bolted to the wall and under the cabinet. You then just slid the micro into the frame. Your old one probably just blew a fuse inside BUT, it probably means the tube is arcing which means it will keep happening unless replaced. Your on the right track to buy a new one. As with everything else, they are now disposable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0