Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blarkey

Copilot

9 posts in this topic

I've had a lot of problems with my copilot and was wondering if there's a difference between a 12 volt and 24 volt ,I have a 24volt can you use the same one.

I just put one on my boat last weekend. I dont believe there is a difference because the unit does not plug into the actual power but just connects to the plugs where the foot pedal was hooked up. So i believe it's one size fits all type of thing.

What sort of problems are you having?

I've had it on both, doesn't matter. It's just used in place of the pedal. When I got the new boat with a 24 volt, I took it off my 12 and plugged it in. Works great.

The receiver went to heck last year so I bought a new one and know this year its doing the same thing only some of the buttons work.

Have you tried to resinc the remote to the receiver? I don't remember how to do it, look up the manual, but I had that problem last year and that took care of it.

I did that and nothing so I bought another remote and it works great. That's two remotes in two years.

Are the batteries in the remote still good? Just asking because sometimes people forget to check. I know I sure have...

If you take off the back to check/replace the battery, make sure you put it back on the correct way. If you are off by 180 degrees there will be no function. (It should be keyed so this is not possible.)