• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grilling Cooked Shrimp ?

I use uncooked when I grill and they cook relatively quick. I would recommend only a couple minutes per side of your already cooked shrimp, or else they get kind of chewy. When I cook them, I sprinkle them with Old Bay. Put them on the grill and brush them with melted butter. In the melted butter, I sprinkle in garlic powder, onion powder, smoked sea salt, etc. I have even used minced garlic (cook with the butter in the microwave). You will be happy with the results. Bacon (pre-cooked) wrapped around your shrimp would be a safe bet, still brushing the melted "gold" on it.

The tough thing will be keeping them from drying out, or having the texture go weird. It would be a shame to mess up nice shrimp...

I'm thinking out loud here, but a slight modification of Cheffrey's "Walleye Cakes" recipe using chopped shrimp in there might be the ticket. Just wing the amounts of ingredients and watch the amount of mayo so the mix is not to thick or thin and maybe go with a dust of cornmeal fish fry after forming patties (instead of the egg wash and bread crumb) then just saute instead of actually frying.

dsc02073aLL.jpg

Anyway here is Cheffrey's recipe, snipped from an earlier thread:

When I make fish cakes I like to do my best to keep the fish chunky so the cakes have a little character. Here is the recipe for the ones I do at Larsmont Cottages:

Walleye Cakes

3 lbs. Walleye (broiled)

1 large carrot shredded

2 stalk celery diced

½ medium red onion diced

4 cups panko (bread crumbs)

2 cups mayo

1 tsp Old Bay seasoning

S&P

Bake off your fish with a little salt, pepper & olive oil. Allow it to cool prior to mixing the ingredients. I like to add the fish last and mix everything with my hands only lightly breaking it up. Once mixed I use a ice cream scoop to portion and hand patty to form. Saute in a little bit of olive oil or egg wash, bread crumb and fry. Your choice.

Enjoy!

I like to toss them in Extra virgin Olive oil, with a little chipotle seasoning, and some minced garlic. Skewer them or put them in a burger basket ( my preference ). They need about 2-3 min each side. I also saw a recipe that said to butterfly them and stick a sliver of jalapeno inside. Slather in some cream cheese over the peno and wrap in bacon. Haven't tried it, but it sounds interesting. I'd try it on a couple to start, just in case you don't like it.

Bacon wrapped shrimp were hard for me to cook because it's easy to overcook the shrimp. One fix was to get the cheap thin bacon and pre-cook it a hair before wrapping.

A better route is to cut jalapenos in half and remove the seeds. Then mix chopped par-boiled shrimp or crab or cooked sausage or pulled pork or whatever, with cream cheese. Fill the peppers, wrap with the cheap bacon and cook until crispy. You may need a toothpick to secure everything. For a hotter experience put the other half back after stuffing and wrap the whole pepper with bacon. I put a sprinkle of rub on them sometimes too.

DSC03287a.jpg

DSC03291a.jpg

DSC03296a.jpg

DSC03265a.jpg

heres my buddys shrimp recipe dont tell him or ill be shot

2 tbls butter

1 tbls garlic

1 cup soy sauce

1 cup beer or water

1/4 cup sriracha hot chili sauce

1/4 cup chili garlic sauce

in sauce pan melt butter and sweat garlic for 2 minutes combine reat of ingedients bring to boil cool completely and raw shrimp and marinade for 30 minutes ( the longer it sits the hotter it gets) make tinfoil boat and grill for 5- 10 minutes and enjoy

i doctor this recipe all the time you can add more or less sriracha to the sauce. the redder the sauce is the hotter its going to be. i also use this on samon and walleyes . dane good if you like hot food

1/3 cup sesame seed oil

1/3 cup cooking sherry

1/3 cup soy sauce (I prefer kickomanns)

1-4 teaspoon ginger

1/4 teaspoon garlic power

1/2 teaspoon sugar

marinate 2-3 hours turning 3 times. this drain off remaining marinate and put in pan and bring to quick boil. pre heat your grill on med and put on shrimp. about 3 min per side basting with leftover marinate juice.(or until they turn pink)

thirdeye, I made those bacon wrapped jalepenos up in Canada and wow did everyone enjoy those. I brown some Jimmy Dean hot sausage for mine and mixed that with the cream cheese. They were unbelievable delicious. Thanks for the recipe buddy. Kirk

Does anyone have any good bacon and cheese wrapped shrimp. I would like to make these for fathers day. We had them in Mexico every night and now im having troubles finding a recipe. It should be pretty simple just wondering what kind of cheese to use. Thanks

If you had them in Mexico I am guessing the cheese would be a queso fresco(similar to feta) or queso blanco(similar to Monterey Jack). That is what they tend to use the most. Just my experience is all.

Thirdeye,

Are you using uncooked shrimp in this case or the already cooked? Thinking that using a precooked shrimp would lead to the shrimp getting over cooked, but going uncooked would be ok while the bacon gets done.