• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rod curing box

I have built a rod curing box out of 6" pvc, lined with foil.

Does any one have any suggestions as to a constant heat source?

I used old time christmas tree lights in the past but it is the wrong time of the season for them.

Masker, this might be a bit overkill for what you were asking but here is my set up. Simply put light fixtures and have a dimmer switch so you can control the temp. "they" say at least 70 degrees but no more than 80 is ideal. If it gets too hot during the initial time frame the air pockets get trapped inside the epoxy and cannot be released.

Once your epoxy is set up the cure is just a time thing. Once it gets warm outside leaving them inside a car parked outside in the summer time with the windows up is a really great way. I used to do it that way. almost "baking" it if you will.

DSC02087.jpg

DSC02093.jpg

Custom,

Thanks, I found a string of outdoor lights at Fleet Farm that I think will work. I like the idea of a dimmer switch, I will try that. Very nice set-up that you have.

CustomRodFan - Thanks for sharing the picture. I want to build one and I like the fact that you have bench space available below the drying box. Also looks like you could store blanks on top! Very cool!

Chuck