• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spider Lake Ride 05/17/2008- Tentative based on Weather

SomethingFishy*

Originally Posted By: Roofer
I'm in! \:\)

But you probably already knew that..... \:D

After this weekend I am free for the following 3.

Any big plans for Memorial weekend?

I work saturday the 24th, and possibly going to mudfest in Hilman os sunday I believe.

I hope it's better than it shows on the web. 14 miles????? Pine center is also open, and wouldn't be surprised if Solana opens (40 miles)

I'm almost positive I'm open for the 17th. If you guys say it's worth the drive, I'll be there. I can fit 4 atv's on my trailer. I think I would head through St. Cloud anyways, right?

Yes, you would head thru St. Cloud unless you took HWY 25 thru Foley.

You have never ridden Spider before? There are well over 14 miles of trails, I am unsure why the site says that. There is plenty of good riding to fill a day or more of riding.

The 17th seems like it will be a good fit thus far for myself and others.

Nope, never rode there. I always rode private land near my cabin until my buddies decided they would rather spend their money at the bars then on an atv. Been on my own since.

Originally Posted By: Roofer
I'm in! \:\)

Any big plans for Memorial weekend?

I have graduation parties that weekend.

Roofer, mark down that Sunday. You'll be getting some mail in the next few days.

Yeah, for sure there is more than 14 miles. Maybe that's the atv only trails, not including multi-use. It's a fun trail to ride, definitely a full days worth.

How much of the trails are big enough for a side by side? A guy on another site may come with, but is asking about bringing his side by side instead of his atv's. Would it be worth it, or is there alot of two track trails?

LEP, you talking about memorial weekend Sunday?

I wish I didn't have a wedding that day, I'd be there with bells on!!1 thats where I sunk my brand new wheeler last year!!! I need to go pay that sink hole another visit!!!

it is an awesome trail to ride!! have a good time guys!!

I personally wouldn't want to run in a sidexside but about 50% of the trails are open to them. We had one in our group last year and they ended up trailering it about half way thru the day and opted for a standard atv.

Thanks for the info.

I invited a few from the nyroc site.

Looks like most of the trails are open now. Can't wait to try out spider lake. We should have a good group again for this one. ;\)

Also, I looked at my trailer again and it's only rated to haul 2400 lbs. So I can only haul 3 on it I guess.

There is a possibility of one or both of my uncles coming, and also my girlfriend with possibly a new machine... we may do some "looking" this weekend. I also mentioned it to a few others so it should be a great time.

I might be able to make it but cant say for sure yet, got alot of unpacking to do yet from the big move.

Good to hear the move went good! You'll have plenty of time to unpack when it gets miserably hot in a month or so.

I wish it would have gone better. Our closing got pushed back a week and a half!