• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro Catfish Contest

DTro

Bummer Steve. I've been there.

Most guys keep it hush-hush until the results are finalized though. We may start seeing some guys who can't hold back posting in the early afternoon after they get up from their ugly sleep. I put in a PM to Bob to see if I could get anything out of him; How he did and what he's heard being in the Text Message ring.

Well, I just woke up. We had a pretty slow night, until about 1am, then out of nowhere.

Bang, and then Bang again.

A pair of piggies.

Too bad we can only enter one.

moores1.jpg

moores2.jpg

Come on, same fish, PhotoShopped color. smile That first one looks like she's full of a fresh meal or two and both look chunky. It'll be interesting to hear what they went, especially if you got a chance to weigh them.

Steve do not worry, we gave her a go down on the MN last night from 8 till about 2:00 a.m… Only got some clicker runs on bullies and pretty good tug (smack) on a rather large piece cut sucker. Ran from 35W to Shocky town. Found the only life on electronics in deeper holes, adjacent to shallow water, but no aggressive feeding fish.

Dtro, nice channels. I figured the flats where going to be slow last night with no action after around 11:30pm, so I switched to a very large piece of cut sucker to see if I could get a monster channel to bite. Did not work last night.

Got skunked, but it was nice to be on river again. The river was pretty nice and clear of debris, but the current was a little strong.

Oh, as usual we missed the dead line for Moore’s by 45 minutes, so I did not stop in. I was going to call in my entry but figured against it. I should have, my luck might have been better grin.

SOOOOO?????

Who's got the results??

Very nice Channel Cats Dtro! Very nice!! You got some weights and dimensions on those critters?

The 2nd one looks to be of the 31-32", 11-12lb variety. First one is a tough call, gotta be bigger, probably pushing 15lb.

BTW... looks like you missed a couple spots with the razor this morning. wink

We had good action all night and missed a half dozen hooksets on live bait. Could have been an 8 flatty night if we weren't setting the hook like a couple pansies.....

Got 2 flats on bullies and one channel on cut bait.

Nothing like the channels DTRO got......but I might still be in the running for the flats.

Surprised we didn't run into you Shackbash.....we were in the area. There were 10 trailers at Shakopee but plenty of places to fish. Mostly just yahoos and only a couple other boats we saw actually fishing.

Had Dominoes deliver to the Shakopee ramp at about 11 PM and that REALLY hit the spot. Thanks for that idea Kyle!!!!

Looking forward to the next one.