• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need idea on anywhere South of MPLS to RV and Kayak fish

Laurie

My first post and not sure where to ask this. Does anyone have a good idea for a resort/campground where we can take our RV and drop our Kayaks in for fun fishing. We do have a jeep if we camp at one place and then take the kayaks to drop in somewhere else.

Any idea would be appreciated if only to tell me where to look on this sight. (My husband would really like to catch a Walleye) and I would too! Thanks, Laurie

Welcome to FM Laurie, not sure where you could go to camp and kayak. Are you looking for a river? If you look at the Bluff south of afton you can camp there and kayak on the St. Croix.

Thanks guys, I will monitor this. We could do the River but thinking it might be a bit too swift this time of the year. I might get distracted halling in a big lunker and not be able to paddle back up river! Good idea though.

Try Hidden Valley?? Hidden something Camp Ground By Welch Mn,Its on the Cannon river across the river from the town of Welch a few blocks then you turn upriver,Tents,campers and RVs.Nice place and nice trail to also walk up river and shore fish.Or fish from shore there,Good spot to put in yaks & canoes,some good trout streams flow in to the cannon upstream from there.Trout Brook & Pine Creek are just two,Downstream 1/2 mi.or so Belle Creek.

Hey Laurie welcome to FM, if you haven't already check out the Womens Forum. Good to have ya a board.

I don't know off the top of my head of any campgrounds like what you are asking. But - I'm gonna do some research, cuz its also some information I'm interesed in too. I'll let ya know what I find. I'll post in the canoe and kayak forum, so keep an eye out there for a post on this topic.