• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Light truck tires

Anyone had any good luck with a particular light truck tire? I have on bridgestone dueller revo's, they wore pretty quickly and a few others have said the same. Any input???

Michelin XCX APT from sears , I got 96000 on first set , 92000 on second set and now I have a little over 60000 on this set and the tread measures 10/32 . VERY satisfied with these tires

What do you do with your truck? I had a set of Michelin LTX M/S on a Suburban that were great tires for wear, gas mileage, and highway driving. If I were running in the mud, lots of gravel roads and trails, and other gunk then I would have chosen something else. It really depends on what you want in a tire.

Mainly it's an everyday truck. I drive about 20 miles a day on tar. Weekends I maybe ride on some gravel but not much. Those 90,000 michelins are sounding pretty good!!! Are they all terrain tires?

Yeah , the Michelins I am refering to are all season fairly agressive tires . I drive mostly hwy , but since I like to hunt and fish probably 20% of those miles are on gravel or snow covered roads . I also keep them inflated to 42 psi and they are LT 265/75 r 16 on a 99 Suburban with 274000 miles . It came with goodyear wranglers which vibrated like crazy . These Michelins are smooth , vibration free . Great tire .

If you are going to stay on road, go Michelin. Anything else, get BFG's.

My friends, my dad, and myself all had the new bridgestone Revos. Out of 4 sets only one lasted very good at all. The rest fell apart within a year. I was very surprised. Went back to BFG's and will expect 40-50K on my Diesel (tire chewer). Duellers and some procomps only lasted around 20K for me.

Any tire that can survive that long on a chevy is deffinetely worth looking into.

The wranglers never did wear well on any GM product. Partly IMO the tire and partly the lack of tight suspension.

I had wranglers on my Tacoma and they where great tires. Even wear, no cupping, and they lasted a long time.

I am a BFG guy, but when I say that, Michelin owns BFG and Uni-Royal.

Now, I have had good luck with Goodyear, Kumho and other brands.

There are many grades and levels of tire. I am a strong believer in “The more you spend, the more you get” and also “Rotate and have your front end checked”. I have seen many miles squeaked out of a cheap set, because the rules where followed in taken care of them.

Good luck.

I'm partial to Yokohama Geolandar AT+II's myself.. been thru 2 sets in 160K miles on the dakota, never once had traction issues.

expensive however....

I've had several sets of Michelins. Best there is. Minimal amount of weight to balance, smooth running, quiet, stay round and don't thump. I've thrown away several sets of tires that were only half worn because they were out of round and noisy and hard to balance. Continental, General, and some of the store brands would be at the bottom of my list. Nothing [PoorWordUsage] me off more than spending a bunch on a new ride and getting some cheap OEM tires on it. Buy the best. Nobody ever said "Gee I wish I would have bought something cheaper and not as good"

I tried the REVO's on my last truck and I thought they wore much quicker than the BFG's I had previously. I went back to BFG's on my current truck.

Has anyone used the Firestone Transforce's yet? I think they're the replacement for the Steeltex's. I'm starting to shop around, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot if information out on them yet.