• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Satellite Internet

Iambjm

Question

Does anyone have any knowledge about this. I have Wild Blue and can get decent connections in the fall and winter, but come springtime I start losing my connection around 9:30 am and don't get it back until evening. I called Wild Blue but they want $99 just to come out. I have cut down at least 30 trees trying to rectify this, but no go. Plus if it was a tree issue, why would it work in the evening?

I have Quest and have been very happy with it. I can't remember the monthly cost, but it was fairly cheap and is good for life.

Who's life? Read the fine print - the price is good as long as they offer service at that tier. It's a marketing bit and they'll switch it out as soon as they can. None of this stuff is regulated and so they pretty much can say what they want and do what they want. Quality of service is never going to be that important cause there is really not that much competition.

I've had Wild Blue for over 2 years. Had some troubles at first but the tech was really good and found out that water had gotten into the splitter outside of the house. Replaced it and I haven't had any troubles since. It has to be extremely bad weather for me to lose connection. I'm very happy with it.

JIMBUCK can you shed some light on the compression subject I having problems that I didnt have before (small picture) and comcast just tells me it depends on what mode the channels broad cast in, but if I used to have wide screen why would they "Channels" broadcast in a differnt mode now,, I think they just trying to blow me off and take advantage.