• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shadraps- #'s 8 and 9 Clown Pattern

vikes40for60

Question

Anyone know where I can get #'s 8 and 9 shadraps in clown pattern? I'd like between half a dozen and a dozen of them. Can I order them online from somewhere? Apparently they didn't make them this year.
Scoot

Anyone know where I can get #'s 8 and 9 shadraps in clown pattern? I'd like between half a dozen and a dozen of them. Can I order them online from somewhere? Apparently they didn't make them this year.
Scoot

Sorry scoot. Just checked cabelas and they are out of clown in the standard shad rap. But have them in the shallow diving version. I'd check ebay. I see them there fairly frequently.

Borch

Saw your post on the clowns.
I have those in 4 different sizes,floating
and shad raps. I've fished them in 4 differnt
states and never caught anything with em',
any suggestions ?

------------------
serenity Jack

Scoot,
I was looking for suggestions for what conditions to use them. Where are you located
? I'm comiing to the pine river area in a few weeks, maybey I can find some here in
Chicago for you

------------------
serenity Jack

If you find some in Chicago I'll pay you for them along with the shipping.
As for uses- they're almost endless. Just about any structure that you can catch fish on can produce at times with cranks. I like two methods a lot- lead core deeper structure (mostly shoreline breaks) in the heat of the summer and open-water trolling. I've had good success with both. But, there's a million other ways to use them.
Borsch, yeah- I'm a smart-a$$. I admit it.
Scoot

Scoot, I saw some at a bait shop on the north end in Waseca.They had a few of what your lookin for .Where are you located, if its too far for you, I can check this weekend.I bought 5 afew weeks ago,and I don't know what they have left.Let me know!Dave

Keep settin hook!

Scoot,I saw a couple in Sheels a few weeks ago. If I can get back there I'll get a couple for you. Or if you know anyone who lives in Grand Forks ND have them pick em up for you.

fishin'frenzy

Dave,

If you can find them I'll take 8 deep diving clown pattern shadraps, all #'s 8 and 9. If you can't find 8 of them I'll take as many as you can get your hands on (I'd even be happy with one of them). If you run into a bunch of them 4 #8's and 4 #9's would be perfect.
I hinted at this before- but don't worry about getting paid. I'll be sure you get a check asap. Thanks a lot for the help- I sure appreciate it. I hope you find some.
Judging by your handle on this site you must be a honker-hunter. Maybe I can get out and hunt some birds with you? I don't imagine you come over to the North Dakota side of the Red, do you? I am, ashamedly, a ND resident these days and am too broke to hunt in MN (non-res. liscence is too pricey for me right now). However, if you ever do have an excuse to come to ND for geese let me know. I may not be able to find fish every time out, but I can blow a goose call.
Scoot
Scoot

FYI-
I found (3) #7 Clown, silver plated shad raps at a local store in Fergus Falls. Interested in that size (and silver plated) at all?
Let me know.

Scoot,
I bought my last FT #8 shad rap from Fleet farm in Hudson about 6 weeks ago. That was the only size they had! I'm not sure what the other FF stores have, but it's worth a look. Good luck in your quest!

Jimmy

SCOOT...Try the “Walleye Minnows” in the same color patterns once. I think you will be happy you did. Also the funky purple fleck is a hot night color in clear water or day color in dirty water.

It won't be long before I get those “Millennium Shads” tied up and take them out for a walleye walk about. I expect big things from them this fall too.

We-we-we!

wink.gif

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

I'll give that a try, Ed. Thanks for the tip. Maybe we can give them a try together some night? I promise I won't keep flaking out on you. Things were pretty chaotic for me this summer and they've fortunately settled down a lot. Mid to late Sep. a good bet for the beginning of the walleye run around here?
Scoot

Hey Ed,

Just for clarification- when you say "walleye minnow" is that the exact name of the crankbait or are you referring to the Millennium series Ghost Minnow and Ghost Shad (either or both)? Are either of them a rough equivelent in size to the #'s 8 and 9 Rapala products?
Thanks,
Scoot

I noticed Ken's Tackle (Ken Grewe) on the West shore of Ottertail had several 9's on the rack. I don't know his number, but I'll bet someone watching this thread will. I think Paul Roweller gets down that way on a regular basis, you can get his email from the Guide Locator on this forum.

FLB

p.s. - I caught 2 17's and a 20 inch smallie on a Shad Rap in the OT river below Orwell last weekend. A few nice cats, too.

The Wally Minnow is a Pradco product that is kinda like the Lindy Shadling deep diver, more or less. Fleet Farm has them in stock if you want to see them up close.

The Millienium Shads are agreat bet too, just not as large a profile as the Wally Minnow.

Yup, eventually we will get out thogether and yes it is a crazy time for me too.

Catch ya around Scoot.

Ed

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]