• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Culture with Nature

We were at the Sculpture garden in Minneapolis this past weekend and took some shots of nature with culture. The hen Mallard was right under the Spoon and Cherry sculpture.

2471966187_0f801f8893_o.jpg

2472807608_06f81b8362_o.jpg

2472785938_ddd371ac4a_o.jpg

Nice pics!

Nice one, Dan! grin.gif

I have thought about doing that shot in the past, but wasn't sure if those trees flowered or not... I guess I should ask aloud if anybody knows?

Buzz,

The trees look like Hackberries not Cherries. It would be cool if they flowered but Cherry trees do not fair so well in our cold climate. The Hackberries have cool stucture and will get pretty big but do not flower.

The Stain glass was at Wesley Church next to the Convention Center. It is one of the oldest buildings in Minneapolis and on the National Historic Registry. Pretty cool place with a ton of history. I worked in Mpls. and never realized the history.

Here are somemore pics along with a few wooduck pics in Loring pond.

2477664192_9abcbc5179_o.jpg

2476838663_d87157b760_o.jpg

She was right under the cherry in that little patch of grass you can see on the first picture. The drake was close by chasing everything in sight. It was cool because you could watch her but there is no way you could get near enough to chase her off the nest.