• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prop Match

After breaking in a 150 Optimax this weekend, the RPM's seem a little low even when trimmed up and pushing a rooster tail. The RPM's are running at 5000 with a Hustler prop on it from the dealer. Does anyone know the exact specs it should be running at WOT?

It is an aluminum prop. I will see if I can get some more info. The top end with 2 in it the other night, calm lake, full tank of gas (33 gallons) 3 batteries, no other fishing gear, was 46-47 on GPS.

Your RPMs are too low and you really shouldn't have an aluminum prop on that motor. Is that really how it was sold to you? I would complain to your dealer, it doesn't seem like a good setup at all. I'm surprised it was even sold with an aluminum prop.

Given what they did with the prop, I would check to make sure they have your motor mounted at the right height (ie. high enough) --- raising the motor up (if it is too low) will give you more rpms.

I think props like a 19 pitch or 21 pitch Tempest Plus are good candidates, same goes for a 19 pitch Rev 4 or maybe a 17 pitch if you're not getting enough rpms. If you really want holeshot and stern lift even a 19 or 21 pitch HighFive is an option, although probably not needed for your boat. Someone at your dealer or a prop shop should be able to make other recommendations too. Good luck getting it figured out.