• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The best ones are the ones that shoot best out of your gun and you'll only know that by trial and error. Each barrel is a little different so you need to shoot them all and find out which patterns best for you.

Generally speaking I'd stay away from the 3" but in the 2 3/4" line I happen to like Remington copper solids and I've also had good luck with Winchester supremes in the past. I think the Federals are fine too, these two have always just patterned good for me though.

I used hornady sst's last season and the performed well for me, but like lawdog said it just depends on whatever shoots better in your gun.

Why stay away from the 3in, I am actually 17 and i used the hornady sst last season in 3in my scope actually hit me in the eye, i flinched on both of the two deer that i shot, i actually got them both though

Every magazine article and test I've ever read said the 3" were not as accurate as the 2 3/4". Besides that, the 2 3/4" pack one whale of a punch, there is simply no need for the 3".

I read a review about it last fall. I believe it was in field and stream. I dont remember all of what they said, but they tested the 20 ga 3 1/2 in, and the hornady sst 12 ga, and a lightfield 12 ga. The 20 ga was in the bottom of those three and they said it was not as accurate as the other 2. you may be able to still find the article still.

Hastings is making the 20ga 3 1/2 slugs for a H&R barrel. They call them "Laser Accurate Sabot Slugs" and they have a couple videos on a popular video hosting site.

"The plastic sabot stays with the bullet until it hits the target, then falls off." They claim it makes it more accurate this way.

They also make them in 12ga and other lengths.

Cabela's sells them, but not the 20ga 3.5"

I was hoping someone would try them and tell me how they did. smile