Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bonefish

Electronics Dealer

4 posts in this topic

I may be purchasing a used boat that has had the trolling motor and depth finder removed. I'm a bit electronically challengesd, and I'm not too sure I want to tackle the installation of those items myself. Does anyone have suggestions for a reputable dealer in the metro that will both sell and install these items?

Fish Lectronics in Columbia Heights. I believe he installs. This time of year is tough for dealerships because they are backed up with rigging new boats. Does Thorne Bros. offer installation? I'd go there if they do, cuz those guys know their stuff.

It's really not that hard. See if you can find where they ran the old stuff. I was intimidated at first, took a while to figure it all out, but it wasn't hard and nice to sit back and say you did it. I don't know if Thorne installs. You could call Roseville Auto, they have done some electrical work on a boat for me in the past and they are resonable.

Like the previous poster stated, dealerships may be busy with getting boats ready for the summer, but, Dan's SouthSide sells Lowrance and does a nice job installing them. Not sure how long you'll have to wait, but quality service has been my experience. Action's Fishing in Anoka is a good bet on the north side. Both have done nice work for me in the past. Good luck.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Suburban 19k BTU power vent with a blower Suburban 19k BTU power vent with a blower
    • I didn't have to because I framed with 2x3's and with inside wood on walls, siding, and heat shield on furnace I was close enough. It would be easy to put a little on the outside of the hose though. I'm a touch short but never caused me any problems. 
    • What kind of heaters are you guys running? Do you guys have to build your wall out if using a direct vent? Since most of them are for 4 1/2" walls.
    • What kind of heaters are you guys running? Do you guys have to build your wall out if using a direct vent? Since most of them are for 4 1/2" walls.
    • Ya the Bush's think our current media is essential, the same media that tells lie after lie, focus mostly on ratings instead of news & of course colludes with politicians and government to cover up those dirty little secrets they don't want out. Not sure we have ever had a truly free press and people like Bush Family and the Clinton's just love it.
    •   That might actually work for del if the generals happen to be Republicans or "right leaning independents"...

• The fantasy is happening right now, the parties are already crumbling and people on both sides are flocking to outside candidates. This isn't some fluke, the parties are not going to straiten themselves out and suddenly get back supporters and clean up their acts. There time is at an end, who or what replaces them I don't know but change is in the air so I would try and embrace it.
    •   I think bobby is infatuated with Uncle Bill.   He mentions me in every one of posts now.   Prolly thinks im cute.   But so do all the girls....  
    •       "Pro-Trump town riled up after immigration officials arrest popular restaurant manager"   "Liberal outrage of the day"....
    • Posted by Nick.   I don't refer to Nick as a snowflake.   Obviously you do.   You and the other two stooges really need some serious detoxification.
  • Our Sponsors