• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electronics Dealer

bonefish

I may be purchasing a used boat that has had the trolling motor and depth finder removed. I'm a bit electronically challengesd, and I'm not too sure I want to tackle the installation of those items myself. Does anyone have suggestions for a reputable dealer in the metro that will both sell and install these items?

Fish Lectronics in Columbia Heights. I believe he installs. This time of year is tough for dealerships because they are backed up with rigging new boats. Does Thorne Bros. offer installation? I'd go there if they do, cuz those guys know their stuff.

It's really not that hard. See if you can find where they ran the old stuff. I was intimidated at first, took a while to figure it all out, but it wasn't hard and nice to sit back and say you did it. I don't know if Thorne installs. You could call Roseville Auto, they have done some electrical work on a boat for me in the past and they are resonable.

Like the previous poster stated, dealerships may be busy with getting boats ready for the summer, but, Dan's SouthSide sells Lowrance and does a nice job installing them. Not sure how long you'll have to wait, but quality service has been my experience. Action's Fishing in Anoka is a good bet on the north side. Both have done nice work for me in the past. Good luck.