• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

appetizer for this weekend

They are not great ideas but we will sit outside and enjoy a few adult drinks and fire up the deep fryer. The menu will be home made potato chips, Buffalo wings and Hot BBQ sauce wings,cheese sticks, deep fried mushrooms,deep fried shrimp.Friday night is the bad food night the rest of the time we try to eat a little better by mixing in a few veggies and only deep fry fish for Tacos on Sunday night.

This shrimp recipe doesn't have cheese but its good and simple.

Take a bag of medium to large precooked cocktail shrimp. Remove any remaining tail/shell. In a ziplock bag put some hot Sirachi sauce. Enough to cover the shrimp. Let sit for a few minutes.

Take one package of pre-cooked bacon and cut each piece in half. Remove the shrimp from th Sirachi sauce and wrap it with the bacon and pin it with a toothpick. Place shrimp on a broiler pan. Cover until you are ready to eat.

Broil the shrimp/bacon combo until the shrimp and bacon are heated all the way through. It won't take long. Cooking time varies by the size of the shrimp.

Bacon wrapped shrimp is always a hit. I season the shrimp with a seafood shake, wrap with bacon, skewer and then on the grill they go (Traeger Wood Pellet Grill is my grill of choice). After shrimp and bacon are grilled I back the temp down and brush on b-b-q sauce and let grill another 5 to 10 minutes depending on temp. Takes some time for prep with wrapping a few bags of shrimp but it is worth it.