• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Silverado key fob not working

'00 Chevy Silverado

The key fob will unlock the doors fine but it will not lock them. It will activate the security when I press the lock button but the doors do not lock. Both the lock/unlock work fine on the door switch. I tried reprogramming the fob and it still does the same thing. I would think the batteries in the fob are fine because everything else works. Any ideas on where the problem could be?

I had the same problem on the Saturn except the unlock would not work. Took it apart and found what looked like pop between the button and the contacts on the circuit board. Cleaned it off with electrical cleaner and it has worked great since.

I should add that anytime we have a key FOB problem at the shop we always ask that the customer bring in the spare if available. If everything works with the spare than we can focus on the other FOB.

Reason why I asked about taking apart was to make sure and get rubber push pad back in place correct. This pretty easy though and hard to put out of place.

Unless someone else has any further info to give, I would say the fob it self is broke/worn out. For some reason I have seen the lock sides fail on Ford and Chryslers before.

I would have to say it is time for a new fob.

Unless the keyless remote module is not allowing the lock function to operate.