• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Going to Umfreville Lake, Ontario

You should have good fishing, brings tons of jigs (chartruse, blue, white, orange) it is a small flooded reservoir and you will get hung up in alot of timber and rocks. Again bring lots and lots of jigs.

We are heading up their the first week of Sept. I am very excited. Outfitter17 said it is a small res. and I was under the impression Umfreville was a pretty large lake. Correct me if I am wrong. We are staying at Halley's camp at Caribou Falls. One tip that I can give is don't show up early cause they will wana charge you for it. Let me know how you do. Would love to see some pics. Have a great trip!

I spend a couple of weeks each year a little further upstream in Separation Lake and downstream in the river. You should have great fishing unless the river floods out. Keep your eye on your locator because the bottom can get shallow very quickly.

You do need to bring lots of jigs, but a trick I learned is to use a Mister Twister body on them. The jigs are more snag resistant. I don't buy the 3 for a buck jigs either. I use 1/8 and 1/4 oz grey lead and put a white, chartruse or orange twister body on it. White works the best. Most of the time I bite the tail off so the jig looks like a Fuzzy Grub.

Lots of people from Umfreeville Lake come up the river to Separation to fish.

I haven't heard of any way to get reports except off of Halley's Camp newsletters. But if you hear of anything, I would love to know. Would love to see pics. as well. We are heading up their the first week of Sept. and I can't wait. Passionfortheeyes went up their, I would love to hear how he did! Good luck! I am also looking for a lake map with depths, if you know where to get one that would be great to. Are you staying at Halley's?

I guess we are staying at a camp ground near by. My gf's family has been going up for around 20 years to the same place. Its not Halley's camp, its a campground on the lake near to Halley's. We are taking a 5th wheel camper.

I didn't know they had camp grounds their. I thought Halleys was the only place on the lake. So I guess you will be fishing Umfreville lake then? I just talked to a guy who said don't even try to fish mono up their cause you will lose all your lures. He just returned from their. But he said the fishing was excellent! He said to get some blue and silver rattle traps. Said he caught 3 pike over 37", and 3 walleye over 27". Thats some pretty good fishen! Have you looked at Halley's HSOforum? They put out a monthly newsletter thats pretty good. Well talk to you soon. Would love to see some pics!

The people I'm going with just got back. They said they had issues finding fish. Fish aren't yet on their summer locations. The water temps are around 50. They caught fish just not consistently.

The fish still in their spring shallows? Or have they started to head for the transition areas.

Any other recent reports?