Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Fathead

Rudder Cutter sinkers

Hello all,

I recently purchased and started using the Rudder Cutter sinker by Gopher tackle. I have seen a few of you all recommend this sinker for 3-way rigging. The theory of rudder cutters is that they have less water resistance when trolling, than a traditional bell sinker.

After using this RC sinker, I am not entirely sold on the advantages of it over a bell. There does appear to be a little less resistance than a bell at reduced speeds of less than 2mph, but over 2 I have noticed that the RC sinker begins to flutter. This causes the rod tip to bounce which almost, in my opinion, simulates how your rod would react if your bait (in this case crankbait) was skipping along the bottom making contact.

I was wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing? I don't see how I could be using it wrong. I am just tying the drop line directly to the RC.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hi Dman,

Yes, I am currently using the 3 oz variety on this setup. I experimented with the RC for about 7 hours last week.

Any suggestions? Have you experienced this?

Hi Dman,

Yes, the tail is positioned in the back. I am not sure why I am experiencing this, but I definetely notice it at speeds above 2 mph. When I say the sinker flutters, I am assuming thats what its doing. It is the only thing I can think of on why I am getting that bumping action on my rod tip.

I will give it another shot this next week and see if I can figure out why this is happening.