• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

towing requirements/Stratos 201pro

stephendawg

Question

Could anyone tell me the tounge weight and towing weight of a 1990 Stratos 201pro on a Stratos tandem axle trailer? My buddy and I are considering one but not confident of his vehicle's ability to pull it without some problems.

Thanks! Dawg

<moved to equipment forum>

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 08-07-2002).]

2 answers to this question

I have pulled a Stratos 285 dc 19' with a 95 Ford ranger 4.0 L for the last 4 years. Pulls fine up hills and out of the water. The concern I'd have would be stoping quickly. Have brakes on the trailer if you have a small truck. I've seen 18' bass rigs pulled with 4 bangers but you better have 4wd.

stephendawg,
The boat I have is very similar to that Stratos, actually both made by OMC. I pull mine with a 2WD '97 Dodge Dakota w/a v-6 and it gets around just fine. I think the tongue weight is around 150lbs.

Jimmy

[This message has been edited by Jimmy (edited 08-07-2002).]