• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spirit Lake Hatchery

I have yet to see a yellow in West, East has some but they dont seem that concerened over it. From talking to the fisheries guys they think theres enough predater fish present to contol them. I know some lakes farther south they have drained and killed off due to the yellows, yet they flourish in some lakes and create another fishery. I know the lake I used to fish was full of them as is Clear but they don't seem to mind them there. Personaly I look at the presence of yelloes in the Boji's as food for one of my target fish, muskies.

Hey Esox,

Great stuff! Feel free to post a few pics in the Muskie forum too, I'm sure the crew there would love to see some of the pics!

Hats off to you for getting involved with the Fisheries guys and gals. Fun times for sure!

I guess I was under the impression that they were thinking that they would become a significant problem if the did indeed make there way into west. I didn't even know such a fish existed until I seen the signs this winter instructing people to keep every yellow bass caught on the IGLS.

Im willing to post pics wherever needed just let me know where you want them.

Here are a few pics from my trip to the hatchery on Monday afternoon. It is always neat to see the fish in the holding tanks. I taught my 2 yr old daughter how to say "walleye" on the way there which was cool too. She really had a blast looking at all the fish!

>

>

>

If you really knew what was in the lakes you would need 2 pairs of shorts, Whats in the tanks really arent the big ones. 48"+ 37 pounds was the biggest this year. Theres 50 pound fish in the lakes, I have seen them.