• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spirit Lake Hatchery

Still iced up, hoping this wind and rain will help get rid of the ice. I'm going out hopefully to help net this year time and weather permitting of course. Theres a slight chance there will be fish in the hatchery on opener if this ice holds much longer. They are starting to net Storm this weekend so I'm hoping by next weekend we are running.

10.4 pound eye taken last night nice fat 28" fish. Last night was the end of netting so only a few more days before they release the fish back to the lakes. Rough count 1700+ walleyes netted and 300 or so Muskies. I got to ride in the boats while pulling nets last night neat to watch and help. Was a bit brisk with the north winds and 40 degree temps, our nets only yeilded 1 eye rest were non target fish such as carp and white bass. One crew netted a 6# smallie and a couple had cats over 20#.

Everything but the walleyes and muskies are counted and imediatly release. The 3 nets I helped with last night yeiled about 150 sheephead, a few carp, buffalo 1 northern and several whites. Nothing is culled or taken out of the system as far as I know. What surprised me honestly was the 2 20 pound plus catfish caught on West.