• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring 08 Open Water...

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I am alive boys...I upgraded computers again and ALWAYS have the hardest time getting back into this site. Well...I made it back in with only a little trouble. I need to stop buying new computers, but I get the best laptops at a price not even a dumb arse could pass up.

Todd and I do our once a week fishing trip in his INCREDIBLE new boat. Only trouble we have been having the past couple weeks is dodging Thunder Boomers and Goose Turds mad

The girls and I spent 2 weeks in the High Peaks of the ADK's camping, Mtn. Biking, hiking and RELAXING. I have some awesome pics from the peaks of the mountains we climbed...I will forward them to DC and have him post them. I will tell you what...Mountain air does wonders for the Body & Soul. We go every year several times and We can never get enough of it. I actually get a chance to read several books, indulge in some tasty hops and refresh my relationship with the 2 girls in my life.

I have been also spending some time with Kirkville Chris and his wonderful family. He is a relentless wise arse...but he is a great guy and frequents my restaurant (hint...hint...hint) We will be doing a lot of hunting together this fall. I just purchased a new Mathews DXT Bow decked out Soup 2 Nuts grin

I have been out of Archery Hunting for a few years, due to a dislocated elbow, but I jumped back in with a vengence. I can't believe how FAST this new Bow is...I hit the release and just shake my head when the arrow smacks the targe with incredible speed.

OK...I am done boring you. We still need to get all of us together so we can see what we all look like without 20 layers of clothing.

DC...The girls and I still want come down your way and do some camping with you and Beth. I think you might have a niece or two that might be Lil's age.

Talk to you guys soon cool

Mr. West - I have 4 nieces: 2,3,10, and 14. Send me the picts and i'll gladly post em. I'll be calling you soon I got some questions on the A-Daks. Hey, I re-created your salad recently. It was awesome but nothings ever as good as the original. I also converted it into a cold pasta salad once and a potato salad with fresh baby reds out of Tanks garden. I subsituted pomegranite for the black currant. The blue and bacon are the kickers though. Ive been on a fun creative roll lately. Tanks got blueberrys galore comming out of the garden. I made a sweet and spicy pork tenderloin with the berrys the other day. Sounds potentially like a disaster but it worked well acording to the critics, lol. And we have been finding a few chanterelle shrooms also. Not alot but enough for a few meals...

Now im rambling, easy to do with Food and Fishing, later...

p.s. - congrats on the new bow. Almost nothing better than bowhunting. How olds Lil?

Lee good luck in the tourney! Westie . . . still need to get down to your place and eat! Next couple of weeks for sure. Agree we need to get on with the Summer get together and figure out whos who without the winter gear on. Ran into Tim at the Honor America's Day parade . . .proud Grandpa, but did notice that Rosa would not let him hold her . . . suspect Timmie really does hold her by the bottom lip!!! New boat is in the driveway . . pics to come. Fished a tourney yesterday over to Baldwinsville on the canal . . . should have gotten big fish with a 4.60 LMB but somehow the winning fish with water in the bag pulled out a 4.61 . . . Oh well 4th out of 21 boats is ok.

Bow hunting, ah yes. I've been away from bows for a while too. Last year I picked up a Parker EZ Draw and really liked it. Shot well too. Put a new sight, string and cables on it and shortened the draw 1 inch. Now I'm shooting low left and can't figure out why. I was 3 shots in a quarter at 30 before!

Oneida was tough the other day. Good at 5:30-6 then tough. The canal produced a few fish and I ended the day with 2, 3# Smallies at about 1:00. Very happy to get out with my friends. Going up north to some remote lakes and ponds. Talked to DEC and got some great info.

DC, if you want a trout trip to brag about, he gave me info, big native brookies, rarely see a human there. Not too awful hard to get to but some are 1-5 mile hikes. How about one with Lakers too or a stocked muskie lake. All are not too far from me either. A few hours at best. Any one want to go?

I fished the big O sunday and seen tuzzy and joe out there no walleyes to be had.They must be dormant right now a couple more months they should start there gathering together.The new LUND handles pretty good in rough water I think I am still going to get a wet arse though whistle.

Timmy hows softball going are you ready to go out and find some FISHEYS

Did the tournament on Sunday and took 10th out of 21 boats, not bad and let me tell you there were some serious boats there. But 4 of them didn't bring a walleye in so it doesn't matter what boat you have, you still need to know how to fish and catch them. All in all it was a good day and we boated 11 walleye's, lost 2 at the boat that would have put us in some money but that's fishing.. LOL I sure was mad though... A lot of guys were pulling board in 35-40 feet of water and getting the fish 24' down, we tried it but found bigger fish in shallow. The guys who won were my buddies and they were just 400 yards from us (doing the same thing) and the fish I located the day before I think moved up the weed line and they got the better quality fish, they did good and I'm proud of them. They anchored first with a 4 pounder and that got them big fish also. I'll tell you what, I'll do it again and it puts a whole different spin on fishing when that fish really needs to count.

No pictures, the camera [PoorWordUsage] the bed on me but I'll try and get some from my buddy. The best one is all the Lunds, Tundra's and Alumacraft sitting next to eachother in the parking lot and in the water for take off.

Oh yea, found some serious perch and sunfish. I'm talking schools of perch so thick in 20' of water that the screen looks broken on sonar.... LOL

Nice job Lee! You fishing jigs on those weedlines? East, west, Shack? Just curious, used to spend a ton of time up there...

Anyone interested in making easy pickles, heres a recipe of mine to try...

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1481426/Easy_Crunchy_Pickles#Post1481426

No jigs but fishing the shoals and a couple of other areas, when you, Todd, Timmy and anyone else have some time or are fishing this Wednesday I'll be launching at the state launch and I'll show you the well kept secret but it has to stay that way... In the last 2 weeks I've boated over 150 keeper walleye's (not a one came home with me). LOL

Todd and guys softball season is finally in the stretch run, Ilion tourney this weekend and Major sponsor announcement from a solid bat and glove company from New Jersey. Were finalizing the agreement but it looks like $1500 in bats, gloves and pro shop apparel for our Floyd Team. Were rolling along 10 straight wins and locked up the regular season crown two weeks ago. Were having a blast in Floyd with the last 5 weeks of the regular season, mixing up positions, drinking beer and having a good ol time. I even saved a game pitching for us. It's a pretty close knit bunch of ballers and a mix of vets and kids. Wish us luck in Ilion this weekend 14 teams and approximately $900 for first place.

Brought the grand baby to Massachusetts Saturday to spend time with my family in Pittsfield, great barbecue and the kids swam. Right now it looks like umpiring will be winding down by the 23 and 24th of August. That's where I'm at right now.

I've been fishing the pond at camp kingsley in ava with the scouts. caught a few nice bas so far and had a couple BIG guys show themselves. caretaker tells me he's had some good ones. catch and release. smallies, large mouths bluegills and bullhead. hope the let me spend some time exploring it on my own. been too busy to stay up there this week so far. otherwise i'd have been out in the canoe at dusk and dawn!! a great time, no problems, no injuries and a few good stories. hope it stays that way through friday.

Lee congrats . . . my new boat is itching to make a run on the big O. I'll have to give you call as I have an empty home now . . . just me and the cat. Uh guys it is a real cat so don't read into that and he is male! Thunder . . .I owe you from last year so give me a holler or vice versa. DC, great recipe . . . my cucs are starting to flow and my neighbor has green beans he can never keep up with. Got to give it a try . . . do you reuse the juice or start fresh each time? Wonder if Chef is willing to share a few recipes . . .on the ice of course? If anyone knows where to get some large shrimp, heads and all, I have a great New Orleans shrimp BBQ recipe . . .believe it or not, its not on the grill. Sloppy, wet and tasty . . . just like . . . DC did you get the GPS?

Frankie - Not yet on the GPS, they are backordered smirk

The pickled beans came out great. Nice bean flavor with the pickling. I also made a batch of green tomatoes but they are not ready yet. Fresh juice each time, they soak up the salt, flavor, vinegar, and ya just cant replace it. For anyone wondering what we are talking about click here -

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1481426/Easy_Crunchy_Pickles#Post1481426

took the biggest bass of my life this week. he hit and totally swallowed a 10-12 inch 'gill i'd hooked! didn't have a scale but he was well over 6 lbs. hooked him through the 'gill! what a sight. watched him chase it down for 2-3 mins. private ponds can be so nice!!!!! hoping the land owner will let me on again this weekend!!! Got witnesses but no one had a camerea or phone on them. put him back and he's hunting again!

Guys we finished the tourney in 3rd place. Got off two quick wins Saturday afternoon 9-4 and 14-4 and then we got smoked by Coors Light 12-2 and had to wait 5 hours for the loser bracket to play out and we lost the final game 18-8. Fun playing and hit the ball decent. Had a great time and drank a few peers, we got a team wood bat for participation and we bought a couple of new ones as well for 15 bucks ea. not to shabby. No umpiring Sunday everything was drenched here by 2 p.m. and the lightning and cracks of thunder made it a rough night sleeping. Todd Wednesday evening is looking to be a good night to meet up for those K-Grubs, gimme a hollar.

Got the boat back! That was a painful three weeks. Now the radio doesn't work, and they left it outside uncovered so the upholstery is a mess.

We took a ride up the barge and the canal crew has removed most of my crappie spots!

I’ll be heading out Saturday morning if anyone’s interested in getting out on Oneida.

Gees this travel is really cutting into my Summer fishing!! Heard there were two guys from Syracuse fined fairly healthy and license suspended for 3 years for selling crappie. I think they had 600+ pounds in the freezer!!!