• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does anybody know where I can purchase a built-in cb?

hondarider550

Does anybody know where i can find a used built-in cb for a 1988 Honda 1500 Goldwing. I just purchased this bike last week and would like to add an integrated cb for it so I can communicate to other bikers.

I also would like to purchase a receiver hitch for this same bike so I can pull a camper or a trailer...

Any suggestions would be great...

There are a few options for you. First of all, I have a 1999 GL1500SE that has a factory CB, but I did install an aftermarket trailer hitch.

You can search HSOList for an original CB for the 1500. You may have some wiring issues due to there being no factory CB on your model. J&M makes a good aftermarket unit.

For hitches, there are a few options. BE SURE TO BUY GOOD FACTORY WIRING HARNESSESS FOR THE TRAILER LIGHTING. It takes the wiring harness and a sub-harness. I used Kuryakn and installed it my self along with the wiring. Took me about 3 hours if I remember correctly. Kind of a pain. I also have heard that Bushtec is a good hitch. I will send you an email with some links that I have saved on my PC.

Hope that info helps. Let me know if you have any other questions...Goldwinging is a passion of mine! (Besides fishing of course!)

99SE1.JPG

Try HSOList for the cb. Honda discontinued the 1500 cb several years ago as a complete setup. Last I heard they were selling it as individual parts. Over $700. for complete setup. Be prepared to shell out over $500. for a used one. Not worth it to me. J&M also makes an after market unit that integrates into your wiring and intercom. Also over $500. but at least it's new and has a warranty. You will still have to buy the headsets (another $100.-$200 bucks each) The hitch will depend on what type of trailer you will pull. Most of them use a ball type hitch. Bushtec has their own type of connection. Search some of the popular Gold Wing sites you will find plenty. Good Luck

Glockwinger, I have a cousin that lives in Fairmont. That would be great to meet up sometime and ride. My wife drives a 95 Yamaha Virago. I even have a camper that I pull behind my 81 Goldwing so that is why I am trying to put a hitch on the 88. Lets try to plan something for this summer. Maybe we could get a campout put together for HotspotOutdoors members? What do you think?