• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance LCX-15MT Transducer

vikes40for60

Question

With this unit has two different Transducers available. They are a 200 kHZ and a dual 50/200 kHZ.

Which one is better and why? Any experience with them. The XXXX guy at Cabelas told me only get the dual if you fish the great lakes. I said to him. "I fish Mille Lacs and it's great, does that count".

Any advice or recomendations would be helpful.

[This message has been edited by vikes40for60 (edited 07-25-2002).]

8 answers to this question

200khz transducers are for deeper waters (200' and up), 50khz transducers are for shallower waters up to 600', I believe.

You won't need 200khz inland, only if you go to Superior or out on ocean where depth is much higher. For normal use you'll need 50khz, even on Mille Lacs or most of the inland lakes (who fishes at 300' on the bottom anyway ?)

That clown at Cabela's was correct. The Dual freqency transducer is designed for "blue water". The 50khz uses 8000 watts of power, in shallow water (under 50') it is difficult to get the sensitivity down low enough to rid the screen of clutter. The 200 khz will perform much better for inland fishing.
On the dual freq units you cannot turn off one and use the other. So the single freq (200 khz) is the way to go if you dont fish the "great lakes".

Rob

D-man,

Family duty calls this weekend. Wont be up till next weekend. Fri-Sat-Sun. Arent you going to be at your gals family party?

I have three guys coming for the fm.com launch. I will be sending check tomorrow.

Hopefully see ya before then! Good luck this weekend!

vikes40for60