• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snow goose reports

Sorry for the delayed response, but the Geese were everywhere on Saturday - several very large flocks in the air and lots of them in the fields.

Of course, who knows what's going to happen now - picked up about 3" of snow yesterday. There's also talk of another storm on Friday this week, so who knows when it'll be spring.

marine_man

Got into the geese this weekend. Its about time. Saw maybe a million this weekend north of Highway 2. Geese everywhere you look for about a 40 square miles!!!! The flocks were so big it was tuf to decoy or sneak up on them. Pass shooting would have worked if it was windy.

I think I might go to southern ND this weekend to try to decoy some juvies!!!

Good Luck

Originally Posted By: BrianLucky13
East side of state. Whats your email and ill tell you exactly where??? There was way to many mn hunters shotting out the windows from the road and I dont want anymore people like that around there.

New snow keeps MN hunters out so resident hunters have more elbow room to shoot out of their windows? ;\) Never been out there to chase the whites but from other trips, can tell you infractions are not always tied to geographic origin.

Enough of those kind of comments. I don't care where you are from. If you are out here and see someone doing that call them in. Don't let it go. Keep this thread as informative type please.

Just what I seen that weekend. Ive seen residents do it too. Im not trying to give mn hunters a bad name. Just dont like seeing anyone do it cuz it gives every hunter a bad name.

Back to reports though!!! Seen some northeast of Fargo today. Also for you minnesota hunters there was about 500 snows just east of Downer today.

This weekend looks to be a good weekend again if you can be north of the snow.

Good Luck!!

We got about 2" of snow so far today, but areas east of here got quite a bit more... reports are that the snowplows have 5' banks on the side of I-29 south of Wahpeton.

The good news is that the wind with this storm has opened quite a few of the smaller sloughs up where birds are using the water.

marine_man